Problem with PHP 7.3

Hi

This morning I had problem with two separate sites after they’d been upgraded to PHP 7.3.

Essentially the sites worked but a it appeared as though lots of styling had been removed. The network tool in Chrome DevTools showed all 200 responses so I’m a bit at a loss.

Here is the staging site with PHP 7.3 https://edustaging.wpengine.com/

Here is the prod site running PHP 7.2 https://ourschool.education/

I’m going to need to move prod to 7.3 eventually. Could you give me an idea about what might be the problem.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

Inline CSS generated by the theme is missing due to this error:

/*Unknown Error preg_replace_callback(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 11 | /nas/content/live/edustaging/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/styling/class-styling.php | 140*/.wf-loading a, .wf-loading p, .wf-loading ul, .wf-loading ol, .wf-loading dl, .wf-loading h1, .wf-loading h2, .wf-loading h3, .wf-loading h4, .wf-loading h5, .wf-loading h6, .wf-loading em, .wf-loading pre, .wf-loading cite, .wf-loading span, .wf-loading table, .wf-loading strong, .wf-loading blockquote { visibility: hidden !important; }/*Unknown Error preg_replace_callback(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 11 | /nas/content/live/edustaging/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/styling/class-styling.php | 140*//*Unknown Error preg_replace_callback(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 11 | /nas/content/live/edustaging/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/styling/class-styling.php | 140*//*Unknown Error preg_replace_callback(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 11 | /nas/content/live/edustaging/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/styling/class-styling.php | 140*//*Unknown Error preg_replace_callback(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 11 | /nas/content/live/edustaging/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/styling/class-styling.php | 140*/</style><style id="cornerstone-custom-page-css">.feed-item{list-style-type:none;}.bluebox .display-posts-listing{color:#4CAFD6;}.yellowbox .display-posts-listing{color:#D7B509;}

Can you please try going to Theme Options > Click Save.
Check if the issue persists. The issues is on 7.3 preg_replace_callback() have different standard. At the moment there’s no immediate workaround. If the issue persists, can you share credentials inside a secure note.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the credentials, this issue is a confirmed bug in the past, but we’ve already been able to fix it in the latest release.

To resolve this, you can either update your Pro to the latest version (3.0.4). Or you can downgrade your PHP version back to PHP7.2.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.