Problem with parent pages

Hello,

I have a problem with a page I just created with PRO.

I created a “Portfolio” page that serves as a parent for other pages: photographs, videos etc…

When I create the “Photographs” page under “Portfolio” it becomes inaccessible: error 404

When I replace it normally (without a parent page), the page is displayed correctly and works…

I cleaned and cleared the cache of my web browser but the problem persists…

Do you have a solution?

Thank you all.

My website : https://www.jadranko.com

Hello Richard,

Thanks for writing in!

I think issues might be coming because of permalink structure not getting updated. Please make sure that .htaccess file is writable. For this you can get in touch with the hosting provider.

In the meantime under Settings > Permalinks click Save Changes button and see child pages are working fine.

I also suggest you to please take a look at solution shared in following resource:

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello,

I tried both options.

The only result: the site had an “error 500”

I restored my.htaccess file and everything went back to normal.

However, the page concerned has been deleted:(

Hello Richard,

Sorry for that.

Can you please tell me that you have created the Portfolio page? And you have created another page and made Portfolio as the parent page? Please make sure that there are no other page, post, category or tag that uses the portfolio slug. This seems to be a slug conflict. Please also go to Pro > Theme Options > Portfolio and make sure that the custom URL slug is not using portfolio. If nothing is helping, would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

make sure that the custom URL slug is not using portfolio.

Problem solved, thank you very much !

:wink: :sunny: :grin:

You’re welcome, Richard.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.