Problem with links and image paths

Hello

I have problem with strange path links transformation from absolute to relative path in code. I’ve fix it before few days and now it is again with relative path and opening 404 page in new window (check link Badewanne mit Tür at the bottom of page and images for example)

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  7. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  8. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello
I followed all steps, nothing changed in code regarding absolute paths for images and links. I changed manually paths to absolute again, so should I wait now to see if there will be again changes in code again?
Only change I noticed is on Theme options page - I can’t see preview of site anymore

The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.

Thank you.

Hi @GodFather,

Thanks for updating in! I have logged in and I did not experienced any issues. I was able to load up your them options page in several times.

This could just be a caching issue. I can see that you have WP Rocket plugin installed. Please clear your plugin cache and your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode or use Incognito mode in testing your site again.

Please let us know.

Hello
… it happened again, you can check on link I sent in first post - links and images have wrong path again. Really strange because yesterday everything worked ok. Even other pages I changed and saved yesterday are like before changes.
WP rocket was disabled when I make changes and re-enabled and cleared cache after job was done…
There are 2 of us and we use same login acc, so Is it possible that my SEO guy change all this somehow (saving cached version) when he makes some minor changes in text? I really don’t know what else could be…

Hey Godfather,

The theme is highly likely not causing this issue. I can’t replicate this in my test site.

I suspect 1 of the third party plugins is altering the URL of images. I understand that you tested for a plugin conflict before but please deactivate your photo gallery plugin and then recreate your images with caption again. I suspect there’s a setting in the third party plugin that causes this. The setting most probably is Enable href attribute.

If that does not help, please deactivate all third party plugins and then create a test page with images with captions and monitor if the theme is that is really causing the issue.

Thanks.

Thanks for your answer.
I hope this is only reason why can’t work on site… Do you think this plugin can also change absolute path for internal links to relative path (not for images link but for text links)?

You’re welcome. But, I’m sorry I’m not familiar with the third party plugin. Please try contacting the plugin developer.

Thanks.

I found the cause of the problem - Firefox add-on called “Link counter” on SEO guy comps arghhh :slight_smile:
Thanks for your efforts and sorry for bothering you guys!!

No worries.

Glad to hear it’s sorted. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.