Problem with licenses of plugins

Hi!

I have a problem. There are some updates of licenses of plugins (like Revolution Slider or LayerSlider) which I don’t use because I need to update them If I want to use.

These plugins came with the theme. How can I use them without any problem?

Thank you so much.

Hey There,

Make sure your X site is validated. We provide all updates via our theme so if your site is validated you will receive them automatic. You can read more about this here.

Hi!

Yes, my X site is validated, and I updated all extensions automatically (even I cleared all caches), but I dont know why I can’t use these plugins. I can see a notice that says: “You don’t have got the Premium License for using this plugin” (not exactly).

I hope you can help me!

Thanks so much.

Hello Jorge,

Thanks for updating in! You can check out the latest supported and compatible version from here:

“You don’t have got the Premium License for using this plugin”

• Which plugin is displaying this? Can you please insert the correct notice so that we can investigate?

Regards.

Hi @RueNel.

For example, the plugin SLIDER REVOLUTION display the next notice (this is the correct text, sorry for the other, I couldn’t find it). I add a pic to see it.

I work with the ‘Agency’ demo. When I active this plugin, the next picture appears at Home because I think the demo used the plugin Slider Revolution. I can’t remove this image (I dont know If it’s a section or row…).

Thank you so much.

Hi Jorge,

You can ignore that message, you’ll only need to register a license if you bought one from the plugin author directly. As mentioned before, we provide updates for all bundled plugins and not the plugin author.

And registered or not, it shouldn’t affect the functionality or feature of the bundled plugin. You can use its full feature, though some plugin may require a license for premium features or addons and it’s something we don’t have control since it’s mostly hosted on plugin author’s servers. One example are Premium revolution slider’s template, but even without premium templates, it shouldn’t block or limit the entire slider’s feature or functionality.

And based on your screenshot, it’s not related to the license. The slider is simply missing and probably not created during demo import. That missing slider is part of the demo, not related to licensing. Have you activated your slider plugin after demo import? That’s the reason why it’s missing, it should be activated before demo import. In that case, you can manually import this same slider https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4zmrrc0jawtk26/agency-home.zip?dl=0 to your site.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad

Ok, I was checking the plugin and I can use it, but, for example, there are some functions which I can’t use (as import templates).

On the other hand, how can I manually import the slider that I sent in the screenshot?

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Jorge,

The import should work without issue, but if you’re referring to those premium templates then you can’t really import them without paying a license directly from the plugin author. All premium templates are stored on plugin author’s server and we have no control over the restrictions they applied.

May I know which template you’re referring?

The screenshot only displays the slider dashboard, but I’m not sure what slider is not importable.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

I do understand that the plugins are used by X as integrated products to create a better experience. As an end-user, it is highly disappointing to see such messages. You should work on this with your collaboration to do not show these messages rather than it can be replaced by some standard small message that these plugins are according to X theme etc.

Hi @Rad

I talk about the screenshot I sent you. ¿How can I delete this slider? I don’t find it and not appears in the back-end of plugin (Slider Revolution).

You said before “That missing slider is part of the demo, not related to licensing. Have you activated your slider plugin after demo import? That’s the reason why it’s missing, it should be activated before demo import. In that case, you can manually import this same slider https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4zmrrc0jawtk26/agency-home.zip?dl=01 to your site.”

I want to know how import this same slide to remove it (without missing all the content I worked). Thank you very much.

Kind regards.

[[UPDATED]] Look, this notice appears now when I add a slider with Slider Revolution plugin in the same page (the home) where it was the last screenshot (“Ooppps… Slider not found”).

Hi Jorge,

In that case, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Sorry, I am not entirely certain on what you’re trying to do, If you want to remove the slider from your page, you just need to open/edit your page in Cornerstone and delete the Classic Revolution Slider element there. No, this is not going to affect your content that has nothing to do with the slider.

If you want to import a slider, please download the template Rad provided above.

see the download icon on the upper-right corner

Then follow the How To Import Slider Revolution Sliders guide provided here. No, not the Importing Premium Sliders guide because you need a separate Revolution Slider license for that.

I want to iterate the Revolution Slider that is bundled with the Theme will function 100% without license registration. You can build, import/export a slider with it. However, if you need a Premium feature / Add-ons of that extension then you need to purchase a separate license to the plugin author.

Cheers!

hi @friech.

I will consider your recommendations, Im sure that it will work. For now, Im using LayerSlider to build my sliders (testing).

Thank you very much for the help :slight_smile:

You’re must welcome,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.