Problem: Second level sub links broken in Pro Header Navigation Collapsed element

I’ve created a menu with three levels : top links > sub links > and then one of those sub links has another set of sub links below it.

It works fine when placed in a Navigation Inline Element. However when placed in a Navigation Collapsed element, the second level of sublinks refuses to open. Clicking the link that’d normally reveal the items below it has no effect.

Hi There,

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my local installation. Can you confirm with me that your Pro theme is up-to-date? You can check the changelog on this link: https://theme.co/changelog/.

If your theme is up-to-date, please follow these steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  7. Turn off all the cache plugins.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Many thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, I still could not solve the problem. I have sent you our access data via secure note, maybe you can help us further.

Hey Steffen,

The Navigation Collapsed element is good for 2 levels of navigation. it was not designed for 3 or more levels. I’d recommend that you use the Navigation Layered element instead.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your message.
I’ve used the layered navigation, but again, there are no 3 navigation levels fade in here. Is there any way to solve the problem?

Hi Steffen,

I checked your menu and the 3rd level menu is fading in okay. Would you mind providing a video recording of what you’re seeing?

Thanks!

Hello,

many thanks for your response.
The menu is displayed, but not the content page.

If you click on the menu item “Praxis - TCM” and “Praxis - TCM - Akupuntur” in the correct inline navigation for desktop computers, you will see a page with image and text.

In the Layered Navigation or Collapsed Navigation for the mobile view these two menu items are not clickable, it only opens the third navigation level and not the content page. This means that pages “TCM” and “Acupuncture” are not accessible on mobile devices.

Just compare the correct inline navigation with the mobile navigation, then you will notice the error.

Maybe you have an idea here?

Thanks for giving more information, Steffen. To clarify, the menu actually does open as Rad pointed out. But, there’s 2 Sub Menu Trigger modes or behaviors and what you need is the Sub Indicator mode so that the parent menu or menu with sub-menu will open the page and not open the sub-menu. To open the sub-menu, you will need to click or tap on the Sub Menu Indicator.

Hope that helps.

Great, thank you, that was it. Problem solved.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.