Problem loading Cornerstone on staging site

Hello,

I’ve created a staging site using the “WP Staging” plugin. The staging site works well except for the fact that I cannot modify my front page using the Cornerstone plugin. When i select X -> Cornerstone, I get the following error in the console:

I have added the staging URL in the Apex licenses console.

I’ve already tried this:

and this:

Hello Gerardo,

Thanks for writing in!

Looking at the screenshot that you have shared it look like admin-ajax.php file is not there on server and that’s the reason why it’s giving 404 error message.

There are numerous factors that could cause that error and the only thing that could tell us what the exact cause is is the server’s error log. With that said, please give us cPanel or FTP access too so we could read the error log and see if the issue is coming from a plugin and likewise narrow down the problem. In case you don’t know what cPanel or FTP is, please ask those from your web host.

It is very common to need to share sensitive information with our staff such as login or FTP information. In order to keep this private, be sure to use the Secure Note button that you will find at the bottom of each reply.

Thanks.

Hello Prasant,

I actually checked and the admin-ajax.php file is there in the wp-admin folder. I would appreciate if you could take a look at this.

Hi Gerardo,

Thank you for the credentials but it does not work, please check. Please provide us /wp-admin login as well so we can take a closer look.

In the meantime, please do testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi Friech,

I’ve deactivated all plugins (except for Cornerstone) and I see the same error.

Please take a loot at our wp-admin.

Thanks for looking into this!

Hi Gerardo,

Let’s try increasing your PHP memory limit first by following the guide provided here.

Now if that did not resolve the issue, please contact your hosting support and ask to deactivate the ModSecurity, then check the Cornerstone to see if that resolves the issue. If it does, since deactivating ModSecurity is not recommended, request to enable it back and unblock/whitelist only the http://uppersanpedropartnership.org/stage/x/

Thanks,

I tried changing the memory limit both in the wp-config.php and in the php.ini. Kept getting the same error. The question that I have is why does the Cornerstone plugin works in the core website http://uppersanpedropartnership.org, but not on the staging one (http://uppersanpedropartnership.org/stage)?

Hi Gerardo,

I can confirm FTP is not yet working still.
Regarding your question, can you check in with your hosting provider if there is an impose setting specially on subdomain/folder that might cause this? Also ask about the error log. I am still seeing the same error which is usually a memory issue. Though, it’s hard for us to check without any access via FTP.

Hello Lely,

I have confirmed that the FTP account is working.

Hey Gerardo,

The credentials don’t work for me too and I used the insecure method and made sure that the parenthesis in the password. Also, I tried using VPN.

The error in the console leads me to a potential cause that is related to nonce. Would you mind resetting your Salt Keys. If you’re not familiar, you can read this article: https://wpbuffs.com/wordpress-security-keys-salts/. Just note that this might still not fix the issue. But, I had encountered a similar issue in the past and resetting the salt keys fixed the issue.

Did you also ask your host about ModSecurity? Please try temporarily disabling it to see if it’s causing the issue.

Thanks.

Hello Christian,

I did reset the Salts Keys but I keep the same error. :frowning:

I have not asked about ModSecurity because I have limited access to this.

Hey Gerardo,

I’m sorry but we really couldn’t login to your server using your FTP credentials (see secure note). With that said, we can’t investigate this issue further moreover, since ModSecurity can’t be tested.

Your next option here is to move your staging site in another online host or localhost.

Thank you for understanding.

Hello Christian,

I figured out my problem. I was able to get rid of the problem by increasing the PHP memory limit in the wp-config.php using the following line at the bottom of the file:

@ini_set( 'memory_limit', '512M' );

Hi Gerardo,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.