Problem in woocommerce after update

HI,

I noticed a problem after updating X & cornerstone in woocommerce, which is in catalogue mode. So I rolled back to previous and setup a staging copy to show you the issue.

I will put both url in secure note. The live site, which shows correctly and the staging copy which has been updated and shows the issue.

I will also add login details for you to the staging copy.

Edit to add: using woo 3.6.5 as per Version Compatibility list

Kind regards,

Pix.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for writing in.

I checked the site and it seems to be using a caching plugin. Can you try disabling it and see if the issue is still there?

Hi Algreachtx,

I have just updated the cornerstone plugin on the staging site and disabled the cache. Now I can login to the dashboard but try to go to the homepage and I get too many redirects. :frowning:

Seems very strange, should I destroy the staging copy and make another from the live site and try again?

Hi Mark,

You could try that too, and make sure other plugins are deactivated while testing. It’s quite slow on my end even on admin, have you increased the memory limit as well on the staging?

Though, home page works on my end randomly so it could be just staging issue.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have narrowed the problem and discovered what it was. The SG optimiser caching plugin has a selection to combine CSS, if you turn that on it now causes issue with the latest X in woocommerce.

So I have updated the live site now to the latest versions of everything (except woo) and it is all working fine again.

Thanks for your help.

I can confirm this. If you use a cache plugin and combine css it breaks the Woo Commerce layouts in the latest versions of both X and Pro. If you don’t combine the CSS then the layouts work as normal.

I have noticed this a several sites with different cache plugins and with both X and Pro sites.

Hello Mark and @urchindesign,

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using SG Optimizer or other caching plugins) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. You must purge the site cache manually in your SG Optimizer plugin and in the SuperCacher in the SiteGround panel to make sure that combined CSS will be regenerated.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

Hope this helps.

Interesting, is it any caching program with combine css or just sg tools?

I don’t think that is the issue, I disabled my cache completely and flushed the SuperCache in the sg cpanel. But still if I turn on “combine css” it breaks the woocommerce layout.

Hi Mark,

Each caching feature may have different setup or priorities when combining them, especially if they are not considering the proper order of which to combine. Which will then result in CSS not working or faulty javascript.

I myself is not a fan of combining scripts/css as they sometimes not work, and this is not about the recent updates as it also happens on older versions too. Plus, the theme and builder scripts are already optimized and minified, hence, if a plugin minifies it again before combining them then that’s also the problem.

Plus, combining them will only put them in one file and there is no much improvement in it since they are already minified and optimized, or none at all. And in a download speed sense, it’s faster to download a 4 part 5mb files asynchronously than a single 20mb file, still depends on internet limit.

Try disabling the minification on your SG plugin and see if you can still combine them. Though, using CDN is much faster than combining if your site has a hard time serving those files.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.