Pro2.2.3 incompatibility issues with WPML

Hi guys, i just wanted to let you know that this new version 2.2.3 doesn’t seem to be fully compatible with WPML. i made a few translations before with 2.1.6 and soon after i updated i noticed that even though it does access the pro editor, it just get stuck there and throws a CS vendor error (2 actually), afterward the entire page is useless, i can click on everything but nothing works.

EDIT: well, that has been fixed. i just removed the old folder, uploaded the most updated one, then repaired the database and that did it!

Well, now i have another problem, the site keeps showing me this screen: http://prntscr.com/k8rwqc

now, i do not have caching enabled, cloudflare is paused and there isn’t a plugin conflict for sure, other pages are working okay, just not this one, plus the entire WPML is behaving very strangely, maybe it is a plugin incompatibility with this version of PRO. would you mind checking it out?

if you want to test something else, just try to duplicate the “contact” page and see how it behaves when you go from spanish to english from the pro editor (it opens the “content” page).

Cna you please help me out?

Hi @elpanda13,

Thanks for reaching out.

I cloned the contact page as you recommended, then in the builder, I clicked the English icon for translation and I started from the existing Spanish content, and the builder loads okay.

Please check the second contact page that I created.

But yes, I do see that error for draft pages, are you referring to that error? I’m able to reproduce it my one installation but the other works.

Thanks!

try the “el terrua” one, for some reason it never seems to load and that one is not a draft.

edit: I believe the reason why it doesn’t work has to do with the permalink maybe? i added the error it throws me as a private note.

EDIT: i think i solved the issue. Basically the problem is on WPML creating the content inside the PRO editor, which suggest incompatibility. a workaround for this is to just access the page you want to translate, try to create its version in the language you want to translate it to and then just choose this: http://prntscr.com/k8ym2u

Hi Alejandro,

Thank you for the information I will check the case in my installation to see if the translation from the inside builder causes the issue or not as you mentioned.

Meanwhile please make sure that you update the theme to version 2.2.4

Thank you.

Already did :slight_smile:

Hi @elpanda13,

The WPML duplication should be automatic once you click the language flag in the builder. That’s what I did as I selected Blank or Spanish template and it works just fine. Maybe it could be due to the internal configuration of WPML, but we’ll continue checking.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.