Pro upgrade--not for me

Hi, I upgraded to Pro when I purchased X theme recently. It’s clearly not for me. It has no demo content, I’m not a developer, and it isn’t as easy for me to use. It’s really holding up our project. I’d like to downgrade back to X but can’t find instructions to do so. Please advise. Thank you.

Hi There,

Unfortunately if you converted your license there is no turning back license-wise.

That is why we offer everyone a PRO Demo in Apex dashboard prior the upgrade.

If you would like to use X you would need to purchase X again.

You can use PRO in a future project.

Thanks for understanding.

Ehm… can’t you just use FTP and install X from the download here?

Hi,

Since the user has a just a PRO license and not X it wont be possible do validate X.

Thanks for the contribution

Hi,

is there really no way to downgrade from Pro to X?
I am kind of really desperate here. I love your theme and managed to build a nice front page for one website (I am not a professional builder at all but need this for my own business as a freelancer - so decided to upgrade to Pro for my other site. Now had to find out that I no longer have the demos available and can’t replicate the layout… I am really absolutely stuck here and can’t believe that those 79 USD would just go to the bin when I have to buy another X version now…
What I found so convincing about your theme is that it can actually be used quite well by non-professionals - the Pro version is seriously far too complicated for me…
Can you help, please? Or maybe you can tell me how to copy the front page and header of my other site?

Thanks so much for any advice you can give me!
Katy

Hello @kaos-coaching,

It’s well communicated via our launch blog post, forum, social media channels that you can’t rollback to X after upgrading to Pro. You can save the home page as a template. Please see screenshot https://screencast.com/t/hcaZhuMjq

Template manager for Header and Footer builder is a work in progress and we plan to launch the same in up coming release. If you would like to take a look at how it’s coming up, please refer following post on Facebook:

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response.
The thing that I find confusing is that I would not have expected that with an “upgrade” to another version I might actually lose a function - in this case the demo pages.
From what I had read about the Pro version I would just have expected a greater variety of functions on top of what I already had with X.

So even if I understand that you make it clear on your descriptions that you are not able to “rollback” to X - it might be helpful for customers to understand that they will no longer have certain options available while of course they will benefit from other ones.

As a customer this is obviously pretty disappointing for me.

Regards

Hi there,

Unfortunately, there is no way to get back to X as the license is converted to Pro. Actually, whenever we talk about the X to Pro we never use the upgrade term we use the converted term:

We will inform our sales team that there seem to be customers that misunderstood the concept of the Pro and to take actions necessary.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hello,

Well I am sorry, but on your website you do explicitly talk about an “upgrade” several times:

Before You Update to Pro
As with any upgrade you should first test the process on a staging/development environment and not your live site. If you aren’t upgrading from X 4.6.4, you should first update to the latest version of X and then proceed to update to Pro. The upgrade to Pro has not been tested from X 3.X.X. In addition, make sure you’ve taken a backup of your site before proceeding with any upgrades to ensure you have a version you can roll back to.

"Upgrading to Pro from X couldn’t be simpler. Simply upload Pro either via FTP or via your wp-admin > Appearance > Themes > Install and activate. All your settings and content will be automatically migrated to Pro from X."

Also your colleague who replied to my post earlier talked about “upgrade” and “rollback”.
I am really upset about this procedure here since I purchased two licenses and “updated” or “converted” both of them to Pro so can no longer use the version I originally wanted to have. While I understand that you keep referring to your website text (which clearly talks about an “upgrade”…) I don’t understand at all why there is no way that you can actually offer a solution to a disappointed customer, such as letting me keep an X version, even if I paid extra for a Pro license or whatever.

Thank you for understanding as well.

Hi there,

Would you please kindly open up the new thread and give us the purchase key information on a secure note?

You can not do that here as you are not the original poster here and the information will be visible to the original poster. Please open up a new thread and give us the purchase key information using secure note.

I will ask the leadership team to take a look at the matter.