Pro upgrade issue

Hi
My x theme updated automatically recently and since it has I can’t edit any pages. There is simply the spinning wheel in the centre and it remains spinning indefinitely. Had anyone else encountered this? Any advice to overcome it would be appreciated as I can’t update any content!!!
Many thanks
Mark

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Most probably you’re running out of allocated PHP memory limit (step 2). Could you please try following the solutions below and see if that helps.

1. Try re-generating your permalink settings and see if the issue is related to your .htaccess file. Check your permalink settings (General -> Permalinks) and set Postname save changes to re-create your .htaccess file.
  2. Then the next possible issue would be that you’re running out of your memory. You can try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation. Add the following lines into that file.
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */
3. Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
4. Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.
5. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Let us know how it goes.
Thank you.

thanks @mldarshana I will give these a try and let you know. Appreciate the quick response!
Thank you

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

Hi
Ok, I have tried changing the permalinks and that didn’t resolve it so I added the php memory code to the wp-config.php file on root of wp site and still no change sadly. I also haven’t changed or updated any plugins - the only one that needs updating but can’t is the events calendar but that won’t update anyway. Any other ideas at all? Screen shot of loading screen wheel which just persists without loading content…
Thanks, Mark

Hi there,

Would you mind providing your site’s URL, admin and FTP login credentials in a secure note? It’s the only way we could check it given that you already did the suggested workaround.

Thanks!

Hi

Well it appears that I just went into the plug-in area and the ‘events calendar’ plug-in was the only update that was available (which never updates regardless) but I attempted an update and on this occasion it worked and took me unto the current 2.6.3! And best of all, now I can edit pages again! :slight_smile:

So, whether it was simply that plug-in compatibility or a combination of all of the php changes etc, I can’t be sure but if anyone else is suffering a similar issue then maybe it’ll help them too.

Thanks for the support

Thanks @spikey1 for updating the thread and you are welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.