(Pro) Updated URL ro new domain and now all pages are gone

I’m using Pro and I built a website on Domain A then moved it to Domain B used Blue velvet URL updater to find and replace A with B then the pages look like this: If I try and switch the page back to using Pro, when i hit publish/save it reverts it back to text.

Hello @DKean,

Thanks for the detailed information. May I ask how you have migrated the site? Did you do it manually or by using a 3rd party plugin? Please check out this knowledge base article to know how you can migrate the pages built with Cornerstone or Pro editor: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126/1

Please let us know how it goes.

I didnt actually move the site, I have it hosted on VPS with LNMP and i just changed the vHost (i know thats what theyre called for Apache not sure of the name for nginx) to reflect the new domain. and then used Blue Velver URL updater (WP Plugin) to find and replace the old domain.

Hi Denise,

Then the domain replacement could be the one that caused it, but, I’ve been doing that and I’m not getting the same issue. And I can’t confirm that on your installation.

Do you have a backup of your site where it’s still working with no replaced domain? Maybe you can still set it up with the same domain where it’s still working (since you’re on new domain). And once it’s done, you can use All in one migration plugin to export your site as a file and import it to your new domain’s site using the same plugin.

Thanks!

there isn’t a backup. i was gonna do it once everything was moved and finalized.

Hello @DKean,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Sure here!

Hello @DKean,

I have logged in and check your homepage. It seems that it is edited outside of the editor or was just copied and pasted from another page. This is evident because there is no Pro editor data which would allow to connect the code present to the contents saved in the page metadata in the database.

Your homepage alone has 80 revisions which has been made in the past few days. When was the last time you edited the page or shall we say when did you change the vHost of this site so that we will try to revert to that revision.

In most cases, if you just simply switch between editors, the text code present in the text editor can still view viewed live. And when edited in the Pro editor, it will be blank. The homepage at the moment is that the text codes are there but it no longer display in the live page. Most probably, the data is lost. If the editor data were corrupted, you might need to rebuild the page from scratch.

Hope this helps.

Whatever the latest and good revisions are for the 14th of November

that was me trying to fix things. i probably broke them even more. if it helps here is the code that is supposed to on the home page

[cs_content][cs_element_section _id=“1” ][cs_element_row _id=“2” ][cs_element_column _id=“3” ][cs_element_text _id=“4” ][cs_element_text _id=“5” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id=“6” ][cs_element_column _id=“7” ][cs_element_text _id=“8” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][/cs_element_section][cs_element_section _id=“14” ][cs_element_row _id=“15” ][cs_element_column _id=“16” ][cs_element_text _id=“17” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][/cs_element_section][cs_element_section _id=“18” ][cs_element_row _id=“19” ][cs_element_column _id=“20” ][cs_element_text _id=“21” ][cs_element_text _id=“22” ][/cs_element_column][cs_element_column _id=“23” ][cs_element_text _id=“24” ][cs_element_text _id=“25” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id=“29” ][cs_element_column _id=“30” ][cs_element_text _id=“31” ][cs_element_text _id=“32” ][/cs_element_column][cs_element_column _id=“33” ][cs_element_text _id=“34” ][cs_element_text _id=“35” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id=“39” ][cs_element_column _id=“40” ][cs_element_text _id=“41” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id=“42” ][cs_element_column _id=“43” ] [/cs_element_column][cs_element_column _id=“44” ][cs_element_button _id=“45” ][/cs_element_column][cs_element_column _id=“46” ] [/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][/cs_element_section][cs_element_section _id=“49” ][cs_element_row _id=“50” ][cs_element_column _id=“51” ][cs_element_text _id=“52” ][cs_element_text _id=“53” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id=“54” ][cs_element_column _id=“55” ][cs_element_button _id=“56” ][/cs_element_column][cs_element_column _id=“57” ][cs_element_button _id=“58” ][/cs_element_column][cs_element_column _id=“59” ][cs_element_button _id=“60” ][/cs_element_column][cs_element_column _id=“61” ][cs_element_button _id=“62” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][/cs_element_section][/cs_content]

Hi Denise,

Did you try switching to earlier revisions and see if you can load Cornerstone builder.

Unfortunately if you cannot find revision points that are working, there is no way to recover your data. Only possible way it restore from your backup or else you will have re-create the page.

Thanks for understanding.

yes, nothing i do will re-able conrerstone, if it does enable, I hit save and then it disables itself.

Hello @Kean,

The text shortcodes are no longer working because the editor data were corrupted. We may not able to recover it. Back from your original post, you mentioned this:

I’m using Pro and I built a website on Domain A then moved it to Domain B used Blue velvet URL updater to find and replace A with B then the pages look like this:

Does the old site still exist? We can migrate the contents of the page from there easily and make sure that it will not break or corrupted which we can use to import to the new site.

If the old site is no longer working, I may have to recommend that you create the page from scratch again because going back and forth will not save us time especially if the editors data is lost already.

Thank you for your understanding.

No there is no old site. I’m just gonna rebuild from scratch. Thank you for your help.

You’re welcome, and yes, the last option is rebuilding it as there is no available backup.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.