Pro Update from 1.x? to 2.3 - weird behavior

Hi there,

I just updated my site from Pro v 1.7 or 1.8 to 2.3. At first everything seems fine, but when I open a page to edit, as soon as I make a significant change to an element, or delete an element, all of the rows and columns in the editor disappear. If I save the page, the changes were effective, but still don’t show up in the editor. When I leave and come back, they show up again, or if I refresh the editor, they come back up.

Also, Essential Grid and Revolution slider don’t show previews in the pro editor anymore.

I’ve gone through all my settings and versions to make sure everything is compatible. I’ve disabled plugins and still can’t seem to find a solution.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the forum, but not sure what else to try.

Hello @chapfilmguy,

Thanks for writing in! Your issue will usually happen if you have installed caching plugin. Please always remember that you should be doing the updates in the staging site first so that you can try it out, troubleshoot and debug if there are any errors. You can push to the live site once you are 100% confident of the update release. You will also have to keep in mind that you will need to clear all your plugin caches. In your case, since you are hosted in BlueHost and that the Endurance page cache is active, you will need to clear the cache first before testing your site.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the response.

I already cleared the pro cache. What other cache’s should I be clearing out and how do I do that?

Hi @chapfilmguy,

Would you mind providing a video recording? And please provide the site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note. I like to see it first in action, I saw issues related to empty layout but it’s due to corrupted columns. I haven’t heard about the editing triggering the layout issue.

And about the EG and Revolution slider’s preview, please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/3rd-party-plugin-previews-in-the-content-builder/24086

Thanks!

Yep, here’s a link to the video:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1se2HP79aXt54OyL2KRkLeiJgg9QE6SL4?usp=sharing

I added credentials as a secure note.

Hi @chapfilmguy,

I exported your home page content and tested on my installation and it has no issue. And looks like it’s related to babel-polyfill. And it triggers javascript errors, and that something not present on any of my installation.

And upon searching, it could be related to this https://github.com/babel/babel/issues/4019. Maybe there is an existing feature or plugin that declare it multiple times.

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for taking a look at this. I narrowed down the issue to two plugins:

WP Mail SMTP
WP Forms Lite

It seems to have almost completely remove the issue. The problem now, is the disappearing page still happens, but very randomly. I can’t recreate it enough to disable plugins to debug it. I did catch it on video again, but this doesn’t happen every time. And it’s not always deleting items, it’s when I move elements around as well.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hey @chapfilmguy,

Regretfully, the issue does not happen on my end. See https://youtu.be/pN5diVSYJXI

It looks like there’s something in your browser that is causing this. Would you mind testing in other browsers and computers with different internet connection and see if the issue persists.

If you have browser extensions, please also temporarily deactivate them all.

Thanks.

Yeah, I’ve tried in both Chrome and Safari. Safari seems buggier, with other performance issues. Chrome is more stable, but still has these issues pop up quite frequently.

Not sure what else I can do on my end.

Hi @chapfilmguy,

Thanks again for writing in!
I am another staff member, Regretfully, the issue does not happen on my end too.

As suggested can you please test with a different connection or Computer?

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.