Pro Theme - This element could not render due to invalid markup

Pro Theme - This element could not render due to invalid template markup. This could be due to changes introduced by a third party plugin. The front end of your site should still function normally

I am using the tabs element, Pro v. 2.3.6, and when I got this message, I tried using the tabs shortcode. I am now getting the same error on the shortcode.

Do I need to revert back to pre- 2.3.3? Help! I need to add to this page asap.

I have also tested with all plugins deactivated, still have the same problem.

Hi There @chill986

Thanks for writing in! You need to check your page for invalid markups such as for tags which are not closed properly etc.

Example, if you’re using a link tag <a href="test.html">, there should be a closing tag also </a>

To check your page elements, you can switch to Skeleton mode by clicking the highlighted icon below.

Hope that helps.

But if there’s invalid markup it’s in the element. I don’t use any html inside the tab element and plus it works fine in version 2.2.5. So why would it suddenly not work sometime after 2.3?

I switched to skeleton mode, and I see no issues in the 2.2.5 version. Please take a look into this. I feel uncomfortable running old versions of software.

Hi there,

There is a new update for Pro 2.3.8 that was just released.

Kindly update to the latest version and make sure to clear your site’s cache after updating.

Hope this helps.

Still getting “This element could not render due to invalid template markup. This could be due to changes introduced by a third party plugin. The front end of your site should still function normally” on both the Classic Element and the Short Code sections.

I looked at the skeleton mode and I see no errors.

I can, however, edit the content - looks like it goes back to classic editor mode when using the skeleton mode.

It just doesn’t work in visual mode. Kind of inconvenient, but not impossible to use.

Hi There,

I can confirm this bug before, but it had been resolved on Pro 2.3.4, X 6.3.4, Cornerstone 3.3.4,

Please make sure you’re on the latest version (PRO 2.3.8 or X 6.3.8, CS 3.3.8).

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

I have 2.3.8 installed as was recommended by @Jade. I am still getting the same error, however, I can go into skeleton mode to make modifications. I’ve cleared my wordpress cache, and my browser cache. All my plugins are up to date.

This is STILL a problem. Please don’t consider this resolved.

Hi there,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please provide us with the admin and FTP access to your site in a Secure Note (key icon under the replies you post/posted):

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.