Pro theme scripts not loading

I’m getting a 500 response on Chrome and the following log on Firefox:

When I am signed in as an admin the scripts work fine. I am not using any caching plugins on this site.

The site url is https://thomasteam.presshub.me/reviews.

Your help is appreciated.

Hi @manticarodrigo,

Thanks for reaching out.

The 500 error is an internal error which is always related to server-side codes, and those are javascript which shouldn’t trigger that error since it’s a browser-side code. The reason could be your optimization, as it maybe processing those javascript files before serving them and it requires a server-side code execution. I recommend disabling your optimization plugin and contact the plugin author for a workaround.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

That makes sense. Thanks for the quick response.

The weird thing is I disabled caching and optimization a long time ago and it has worked fine until now for some reason. It is a subsite on a multisite install. These are the active/inactive plugins:

Hi @manticarodrigo,

In that case, would you mind providing your network wide admin login credentials? I can’t promise any solution as those scripts are just static but I like to see and test it first.

Thanks!

Hey @Rad I sent you a message with login info. Looks like changes I make in the backend aren’t reflected in the frontend. Somehow the admin interface and frontend aren’t synchronizing. Looks like a caching issue but there is no plugin or DNS for this site.

Hello @manticarodrigo,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Please don’t DM login details to a support staff as it becomes difficult for the incoming staff to take a look into the matter. Please share the login details using secure note feature so that the information is in between you and Themeco staff.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info @Prasant. I’ll add the info here in a secure note.

Hi There,

Could you please update your Pro theme to the latest version then contact to your hosting provider to purge all the server caches?

Update guide: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Let us know how it goes!

Hi @thai,

I actually just downgraded to the stability release to see if it would fix the problem. This WP multisite is self-hosted on Google Cloud. I manage the server personally and I haven’t set up Varnish. The only caching plugin is WP Rocket which is not activated on this site.

I will re-upgrade Pro theme but it is not the source of the issue.

Hi There,

At first, we would think that this is a server-side issue (which could be true) because of those 500 Internal Server Errors

However, if you append the URL with /?nocache=1 then you would not see those 500 errors and the scripts on the site work just fine. So this is more likely a caching / optimizer related issue. Please make sure you PURGE all your site’s caching / optimizer feature (plugins, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache), don’t just deactivate it.

Let us know how it goes,
Thanks,

Hi @friech,

Very nice catch. Oddly enough, the solution was to actually activate the caching plugin (WP Rocket) and delete the cache. Must’ve been an old cache from when we did use the plugin.

Thanks!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.