PRO THEME: Another “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading." deleted page

I had this happen twice and lost the pages. Is there a way to get my work back?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

If you have a backup of your site you can restore it. Also you can contact your hosting provider if they have a backup, so that they can restore it.
We are really sorry that this happened to you. The issue some thing never delete the page. If you can provide us your login details in a secure note so that we can have a look for the issue.

Thanks

This has happened twice with Pro-child theme. I am really disappointed as I was almost done with the page. Never had this issues with X. So, I’ll just go back to X.

Hi There,

This is indeed strange and should not happen and it is not among the recurring problems we have seen.

It could be cache related.

At this stage PRO is X + The powerful header and footer builder.

If you still need help on the issue do not hesitate on contacting us.

Thanks

Hello There,

I have logged in to your site to investigate. I’ve looked at your settings, Settings > Reading > Front Page Displays and you haven’t assign a page as your home page.

This would mean that your homepage is displaying your blog index. Please be inform that the blog index and other page archives cannot and will not be editable with the Pro editor. The editor can only be use to create/edit a page, post or a certain post type if allowed.

Please create a new page or simply edit a page in the editor and once you are done, you can assign this page as your home page. By the way, I duplicated your One Home page and I made some changes to it. I do not encounter any issues and that all my changes is saved. Please see my test page in the secure note.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi There,

Let us know which specific page you are facing the issue.

Thank you

The page has been restored. The problem has been with the homepage

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have edited your homepage and I have successfully added a section with no issues. When I check it, it seems that you have switched to X. Could you please activate Pro theme or at least have your permission to activate Pro theme so that we can do another round of test?

Kindly let us know.

You may activate Pro.

I encountered the problem using the child theme.

Hi there,

First of all, I want to mention that you do not need to delete the homepage if you see the preview error. That usually is caused by the environmental factors but the homepage stuff is there.

You can continue editing in skeleton mode by clicking the icon below:

I switched to Pro Child Theme and accessed the homepage and it is working with no problem:

I also installed the Wp-Serverinfo plugin and you can access it from the Dashboard > WP-Serverinfo menu to check if the server settings are ok for the theme usage.

Checking the settings I suggest that you contact your hosting service provider and ask them to increase the items below:

PHP Memory Limit to 512MB

PHP Max Script Execute Time to 300s

If you encounter the problem again kindly follow the steps below (Do not delete the homepage):

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Check the steps here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-builder-preview-warnings/14404/

Thank you.

I did not delete the homepage. The error deleted the homepage.

Hi there,

The error has no capability to delete any page. I did some checking and all are working fine. And it’s not down, could you try providing a video recording of these issues? I like to clarify if we’re investigating the same issue.

Thanks!

I gave up and just reset the site. I worked for hours with my host and could not resolve the issue.

Hi there,

You mean after reset, the issue is back again after 5 hours? Perhaps it’s something installed in your host environment? I’ll continue gathering some information, but please don’t change your credentials while I’m doing that.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.