PRO/RevSlider - Videos in my slideshow show loading animation on second pass, first video

Hi friends,
I have a hard time describing this problem. On my smartechproduct.com website I have a revslider with 4 slides. Each slide has a youtube video layer and cycle one after another after 7 secs. I’ve figured out how to get the slideshow to pause until the video is finished playing, but any slides that appear after playing the first video show the loading circle spinner to show. This occurs after playing a video or waiting until the slideshow loops once through. My question is how I can make it so that each video shows the poster image with the play button and no loading ring. Please visit smartechproduct.com and take a look at the slideshow at the top. I hope someone is able to help.
Best wishes,
Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you for writing in, that circle loading animation that you’re referring to is native to YouTube. Regretfully, there is nothing we can do about it.

Thank you for understanding,

I understand that it’s native to youtube, I want to prevent the loading of the videos until the poster image is shown in all cases.

I’m using a workaround for the time being by stopping the slideshow at slide 4

Hi Andy,

I’ve checked your website and I can see there are some JS errors being reported in the console:

This could be the reason behind this issue, so please try the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

Also, try testing the same slider on the default WordPress theme and recheck this issue.

Thanks.

1 Like

@friech, @Alaa,
Thanks for checking into this. I don’t think I’m able to fix this on my own.

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.