Pro Page Attributes for Custom Post Type - Steps Needed

Hi Team

I’ve read multiple articles and support entries regarding how to add the Pro page attributes (see below) into a Custom Post Type - so I can utilise the list of Pro Page Attributes to change the appearance of my Custom Posts (eg. making them “No Container - Header & Footer”). However, I’m still unclear on the correct way to complete this.

I’m using CPT UI Plugin to create the Custom Post Types: https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-post-type-ui/

Can you please provide step-by-step instructions on how to add the below full list of Pro Page Templates to my Custom Posts:

To note - my custom Post Type is called “projects”:

Please don’t just provide a link to the below article, as it’s too confusing given the required Templates are already provided by Pro, I don’t want to create brand new ones - https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/create-custom-single-post-templates-for-specific-posts-or-sections-in-wordpress/

Thanks
Sam

Hello Sam,

Thanks for writing in! The page templates which you can find in Page Attributes will only be available to pages. Your custom post types do not have any access to these templates. You will need to create your own custom post type template instead.

You might need to check out this thread for reference:

Hi @RueNel

Can you please assist in helping me, via steps, to copy or link through the “No Container, Header, Footer” Pro template to use in my Custom Posts (Projects). This is the primary Template I’m looking to use for now, and once I understand how to bring utilise one of them, I can complete the others.

The link you sent through is too confusing for the specifics of what I’m looking to do. Sorry, I’m not totally across php updates etc, so need some assistance.

Thanks
Sam

Hello Sam,

For a more detailed steps, check out this thread:

Regards.

@alexander - Can you please do me a favour and help me with some specific steps here…

I’ve managed to copy the “template-blank-4.php” file into Pro-Child/framework/views/integrity/ folder via my FTP, however I need some final steps to get it to link in with my Custom Post “Projects”…

FYI the template-blank-4.php file contents is as follows:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// TEMPLATE NAME: Blank - No Container | Header, Footer
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// A blank page for creating unique layouts.
//
// Content is output based on which Stack has been selected in the Customizer.
// To view and/or edit the markup of your Stack’s index, first go to “views”
// inside the “framework” subdirectory. Once inside, find your Stack’s folder
// and look for a file called “template-blank-4.php,” where you’ll be able to
// find the appropriate output.
// =============================================================================

x_get_view( x_get_stack(), ‘template’, ‘blank-4’ );

Thanks…
Sam

UPDATE: turns out doing this completely downs the website… so I have deleted above copied php file… Assistance would still be appreciated. Thanks

Hey Sam,

The functionality that you’re looking for is called the Post Types Template and that is a WordPress feature that we do not support but is applicable to all themes and not just X and Pro. With that said, the steps to apply that feature is the same for all themes. Please read the WordPress documentation for more details of that function: https://make.wordpress.org/core/2016/11/03/post-type-templates-in-4-7/

Like all customizations though, it might work but you need to use it at your own risk. We do not offer support for customizations.

I’ll show you a quick video tutorial on this but this is as far as we can help. The rest, you’ll need to learn the ins and outs of using the WordPress function and fix any issues associated with it on your own or with help from a third-party developer.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

2 Likes

Hi @christian_y

Thankyou so much for this video tutorial - that was all that I needed to clearly understand the steps to add a Pro template into a custom post. It has worked seamlessly.

Out of interest, can I please get the name of the slug for the ‘Portfolio’ posts that come standard with Pro - given these are somewhat custom posts in and of themselves. I may look to change the Template of the Portfolio pages in future as well.

Thanks!
Sam

Hi Sam,

You’re always welcome!

Here the slug for portfolio posts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.