Pro not showing any sections in content edit mode

Hi,

Just upgraded to the latest Pro but when editing in pro, the sections aren’t showing.

They do however appear when editing headers and footers.

I’ve tried:

Clearing cache.
Changing htaccess to htaccess.bak
Saving Permalinks
and then Chang htaccess.bak back to htaccess

Please help.

1 Like

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for writing in!

Please try the following

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

2. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  1. Clear cache again and temporarily deactivate caching plugin.

If none of these help, kindly provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note

Thanks.

Hi Paul,

Tried but none worked. Secure not saved.
Thanks

Hi Anthony,

The login provided doesn’t seem to work.

Please check again and let us know.

Thanks

Hi I just tried the new one, should be good to go
thanks

Hi,

Thank you for providing your login credentials.

I checked and can see a time out error in the console. Please try to increase your maximum execution time by adding the code below in your wp-config.php file

set_time_limit(300);

You may add it before this line of code.

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ 

You can verify your memory limit and max execution time by installing this third party plugin

If that does not help, kindly provide us FTP Login in secure note.

Thanks

Still didnt work. I log onto ftp using key file in google cloud. How should we go about this?

Hi Anthony,

I checked with our leadership and have confirmed that this is a known issue with the recent update.
This will be fixed in the new version which is going to be available today.

For the mean time if you really need to edit a page you can to use the Skeleton mode to duplicate an element or drag an element from a section to another one. Save it and reload the whole page. It will show correctly.

Thank you.

Hi Paul,

I’ve just uploaded the new version, cleared cache, tried different browsers, but experiencing the same issue.

Leave it with you unless there’s something I can do from my end.

Thanks

Hi Anthony,

Since we can not install a plugin on your site, can you confirm to your hosting if your PHP and MySQL version is 5.6 or higher.

Also, if you have caching plugin, please Clear and Deactivate it for a while, and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Hi Friech,

PHP Version 7.1.19.

Not running any caching plugins.
=(

Hi i am getting a similar issue, just updated. I do get a referencerror: ajaxurl is not defined, and a source map error, is this still a known issue and what is the eta on a fix being released.

@anhtonyt,

Thanks for sharing your login credentials. I was able to narrow this down as a confirmed issue in the builder. When the preview loads, Pro looks for a specific variable and populates it on the fly to speed up loading the preview. It might be your host, or some kind of performance optimization system, but something is removing some whitespace which prevents Pro from finding that variable.

I’ve updated Pro to do a few more checks that allows it to find the variable even if it’s modified like your setup does. This change will be in an official release

Meanwhile, you can try using it by installing the patched version I’m linking in a secure note. Even if you install this version it will be safe to run automatic updates when the official release is out.

Hi @alexander,

Awesome! That works.

Not sure if I should start a new thread, but while I’m here, do automatic updates not work on multisites?

I don’t seem to be able to do it.

Hi Anthony,

Glad that worked for you :slight_smile:

Regarding the second question, you are right. The automatic update is not working on multisite installations and you need to do the update process manually:

If you need a follow up regarding this I will appreciate if you open up a new thread.

Thank you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.