PRO: Menu links not changing from default / demo

Developer here new to X and X PRO. Working on first site using PRO. Previous site used X Standard. Total of a few days of experience now with both and looking to use X or X PRO for all future WP client sites!

So, no issues with first site using X Standard but after installing X PRO on this next new site, I find some anomalies. The main issue is that the site, which is just using demo content for now to give client some ideas as to what they may want created, the links appearing in the top menu are the default / demo links of:
Home Work Shop About Contact

That would be fine except I am unable (so far) to locate the place to actually change these links in the inline navigation to the actual pages that have been created. I’ve deleted the menu and recreated it several times. I’ve deleted and recreated the header from scratch. Only three pages are created and there are no demo pages defined or active. Yet, the top menu’s links do not reflect the actual pages that exist.

I had absolutely no issues in created the first site at the end of last week but it used X Standard and the navigation links changed perfectly fine either through manual control or via auto-create option setting as new pages were created.

What could I be missing that’s different in PRO that would cause the default / demo menu of links to remain??

FYI: This account is in the name of the client as they want to take over their site’s editing and they will own this instance of the X PRO license.

Thanks!

Hi Michael,

The process of adding the menu using the Header builder is as follows:

1. Go to Appearance > Menus and add the menu with links to the pages that you mentioned.
  2. Go to Prov > Headers, create or select a header that you have added already.
  3. Add or edit the Navigation Inline element.
  4. In the Edit screen of the Navigation Inline element, you have an option to select a menu. Select the one that you created in step 1.
  5. Save the header and you will be able to see the menu.

It is important to note that if you use the default demo, the demo is not using the Header Builder and just uses the default header system. If you want to have the header builder take control you need to assign the header you created in the header builder to different pages or set it as global.

For more information:

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Ha!

Missed that dropdown select list field in the Navigation Inline control …
SETUP
Assign Menu
Menu: Menu-1

Since I only have a few days with Theme-X, and the first site used the standard version, I’m not only learning it on the fly but now using PRO on the second site with different controls and more features.

Thank you very much for the speedy reply here. I’ll be ordering many additional license over time for not only new client sites but also to redevelop a lot of existing client sites on our four servers.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Glad that we could be of a help. And actually that is my honor personally that you decided to work on your client websites based on our product!

I agree that this has a little bit of learning curve, but I am sure you will master that like the way you already did with X.

Cheers :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.