PRO - Major cornerstone positioning issues

I’ve been having MAJOR issues with positioning of elements in Cornerstone for some time with them just not moving to where they should do. This has been an occasional issue with X for years, but seems to be even more prominent on Pro, especially for elements that are very close together.

Please see the video below to show just how unusable it has now become. this is happening on several different sites, on different servers and on all browsers I’ve tested with. It’s getting to the point now where the theme is almost becoming unusable as it is.

Is there any fix that you are aware of to fix this, or do you know when it will be patched in a new release, as the fact cornerstone essentially doesn’t work as it should is crippling our ability to update customers and big commercial sites right now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out.

It could be device specific like before, and usually on Mac as it could have different way of handling the drag/drop collision feature. Though, I couldn’t reproduce this on my setup on the recent version of Pro, but yes, did saw it on older versions. Would you mind providing more information about the device you’re testing it with?

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for coming back to me. It’s on a Macbook Pro 2017 running MacOS Mojave, same issue on an imac and another 2015 MacBook Pro. Running Mojave and whatever the OS was previous to that (can’t remember off the top of my head).

The biggest issue is on on elements that are close together in tight space. On bigger elements it’s a bit of a faf, but workable. Trying to get 6 columns like the video sorted took me 3 hours today!
The mac nearly went out the window let’s just put it that way :wink:

There’s no option to work on a PC instead sadly as we’re all tied into macs (as I’m sure half your audience probably are as well).

It’s odd as it highlights where it should be going - but decides to put it somewhere different each time. If it always went higher or lower it wouldn’t be too much of an issue as you could adjust for it.

I’m guessing there is no easy fix, but if this could be looked at in the next update it would be hugely appreciated - and pretty essential to be fair to make it useable.

Thanks again.

Hi Mark,

I see, in that case would you mind providing a sample URL and login credentials in the secure note for testing? Or please provide the CS template file for that content and we’ll try it on our installation, it could be specific to content too which I unable to reproduce on my setup (Mac and Windows).

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for coming back to us.

Unfortunately for security reasons I can’t share logins for the site. So I’ll have to sit tight and hope we get updates in the future to fix it, as it happens across all builds I’ve setup on different versions so won’t be tied into just that one build I don’t think.

Hello Mark,

Thanks for updating the thread.

If you’re not comfortable in sharing the login details then please share the Cornerstone template file. You can use file sharing applications like Dropbox to upload and share the link.

Please refer following resource to learn more about template manager:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.