PRO: Keep header on posts

Hi there,
I really like the possibility, to have different headers on different pages. But now I can’t solve this:

I have, lets say, a blue header as default and a green header on some of the pages. I have one post grid (done with The Grid) on a green page and one on a blue page. Works great! But if I click on the “read more” link, the detailed view will always been shown with the default blue header, even if it’s called from the grenn grid.

How can I have the detailed view shown with the same header than the grid?

Best regards

Uli

Hello Uli,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try settings up a global header in Pro Theme header builder. Here’s a screencast.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,
I already have a global header:

a blue header as default

But on certain pages, I use another header

and a green header on some of the pages.

I have several “The Grid” grids on pages with the green header AND on pages with the blue header.

But if I click on the “read more” link, the detailed view will always been shown with the default blue header, even if it’s called from the green grid.

So:

How can I have the detailed view shown with the same header than the grid?

Or: how can I have different detailed views with different grids, that are called depending what grid the view is called from?

Best regards

Uli

Hi Uli,

Please note that you can assign your header to multiple pages and post.

You need to assign your green header to all post that are listed in your green grid.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

thank you for your answer.

But this would mean, that every time a new post is written by an editor, an admin has to assign the header, right?

Isn’t there a way to have 2 different blog pages, and have grid 1 lead to blog 1 and grid 2 to blog? That would make things much more easy …

Best regards

Uli

Hi Uli,

Yes, you have to assign it every time there is a new post.

Currently there is no way to make this automatic. It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Thanks for understanding. Take care!

Hi paul, thank you for your help.

Can you add the following feature requests?

1.) Possibility to assign a header to a post while editing a post? So the editor can do this and no admin is needed.

2.) Possibility to have several blog-pages with different headers, that can be linked to grids (“essential grid” and / or “the grid”), so the header doesnt change when klicking on “more …”.

This would make the header-feature of PRO even more useful for pages that show different brands or branches of one company.

Best regards

Uli

Hi Uli,

I have forwarded these as feature request. Please note that All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.