Pro interface gone missing from WP menu after the last update

I have updated the Pro theme to the latest version via automatic update the day before.
Everything went smooth as the did during other previous automatic updates.
After this update PRO interface menu items disappeared from the WP admin menu and theme management page says that “The following themes are installed but incomplete. Pro” and “Stylesheet is missing.”
Also, my landing page comes blank-white after the update.
I have contacted my hosting provider and they have told me that there was nothing that they could do. Some other support agent of the hosting company suggested that I delete the theme files and upload them again via FTP.
However, I do not know what content to put where exactly.
Please help.
Thank you.

Hi there,

It seems that there are some themes files that got corrupted when you updated the theme.

First, you will have to download the most recent version of Pro from your dashboard.

Then you can do is login through FTP then go to wp-content/themes. If you are not using a child theme, you should be able to see a pro directory there. Unzip the file you have downloaded and backup the current pro directory that is in there. You can then remove the current pro directory then copy the unzip files to the themes directory.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
I am using the child theme.
Pro folder is in there under the wp-content/themes.
I did the manual update (via ftp) for the child theme and it did not help.
What should I do next?
Thank you.

The same Problem on my side followed the instructions above to replace the theme files via FTP.
The problem still exists.

Hi @tbingel,

Please provide us with your admin and FTP access in a secure note so that we can check your site.

@hatfieldchurch, if you are using the latest version of Pro, please check the Permission Manager. You will have to enable Cornerstone on the post and other post types so that you can use it.

Hope this helps.

This solved the problem! Thank you very much

@hatfieldchurch:

• It’s good to know that your issue has been resolved.

@tbingel:

• Is your issue resolved already? Please make sure that your Pro theme is installed in wp-content/themes/ and the style.css exists. If you would not mind, please provide us access to your site and your ftp so that we can resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Best Regards.

Hi,
this did not solve my situation.
I have sent my login details to RueNel in a private message a couple of days ago.
Thanks.

Hi,

Please provide us your login credentials in Secure Note

Sending it through private message will not work as it is not always the same support person that will handle this ticket.

Thanks

Hi tbingel,

Thank you for providing the login information. I used manual updates tips mentioned in this article and managed to install the new version of the pro theme on your WordPress installation.

Now you have the Pro > Validation menu item on your installation.

Thank you.

I had tried updating manualy following the instructions myself, but, failed for some reason.
Thank you very much.

You are welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.