Pro Home page editor preview not displaying

Hello,
I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem and I’m not having any luck. I searched through the forum and applied the advice I saw but still am having issues.

I’m trying to edit my home page in pro and it is not displaying the preview. All my other pages edit fine. I have been editing in the skeleton mode for now but I am trying to add elements and can’t.

If someone could help with a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for writing in!

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi @Prasant,
Thank you for your reply.

I tried everything you suggested to the best of my knowledge and still nothing is working.

I am sending a secure note with the information you suggested.

Thanks!

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for providing the information. I have looked into your homepage and I found out that there is a JS error on the page when you edit it in Pro editor. How did you updated your Pro theme? Did you do it manually? It seem that there are missing/corrupt files which may have triggered this JS error in the preview. Can you please re install Pro theme? You will have to do it manually. Please see “Manual Updates” section in this knowledge base article:

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi @RueNel,
I use the updates that come through WP and update when they are available. I guess that is considered manual and not automatic?

I deleted X and pro and reinstalled both of them. It is still having the same issue.

Hello Jeremy,

I created a test page and I can edit in the editor with no issues what so ever. The only thing I noticed is that I can confirm and encounter the issue in your homepage. Please check your homepage with skeleton mode and make sure that you have inserted valid and correct html code. One invalid character or unclosed tag could prevent the preview from loading.

I went ahead and duplicated your homepage and saved it as a template. I created another test and loaded it as a template. In this page, I do not encounter any issues at all. I am guessing that your homepage was created and then you have updated the theme to the latest version.

Please check out the test pages in the secure note.

Hi @RueNel,
Thank you for your help. I checked over what I had and even deleted extra html/css that I added. It still is having the same problem.

I’m just going to start a new home page based on the copied template you saved. I think that is probably best and to not waste more time on it.

Thank you for all you help in resolving this issue.

You are most welcome!
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.