Pro hides WPML Dropdown

Hi,

I’ve added the default WPML Language switcher to my main menu.
It is shown in the header on https://escaperoomdesigner.nl/en/.
When looking at the HTML source code the list-items for the other langauge are present. When hovering over the langauge switcher, the dropdown is still not shown tough. Looks like some theme css is hiding it.
I’ve tried changing the overflow css settings, fixed with and other suggestions I found in topics but non off theme fixed it.

Any advice on this?

Hi @dhunink

I can get it working fine on my locahost, I mean the WPML language switcher is working fine on the header with dropdown menu if the page loaded has a translated version in another language.

Please try the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If this didn’t help, then please provide us with WordPress Dashboard login details in a “Secure Note” so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks.

Secure note added

Hey @dhunink,

You enabled Content Scrolling in your Bar. I turned it off and the submenu shows now.

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian,

thanks for checking this out. I do feel a bit dumb tough; this one I should have spotted on my own :blush
Thanks very much!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.