Pro Headers and Footers disappeared

The Pro Headers and Footers on my site have disappeared. If I go into the editor the headers are there by name, but the layouts are empty. This is for a live clients site and they are obviously less than impressed.

Is there any reason why these would just disappear?

I don’t wish to spend my time or maybe my client’s money if they were willing to pay to fix this.

Hello @theapricot,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please confirm that you are using Pro 3.0.4? Please update to this latest version. The headers or footers should always be present even after the updates. In most case, someone may have accidentally deleted the contents of the header or footer.

We would love to check your setup. Please provide us access to the site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

I’ve added a secure note.

Hey @theapricot,

I have logged in and I can confirm that the header and footers no longer have the bar, containers and elements in there. This can be cause by a 3rd party plugin or that it may have been corrupted with an unkown reason. The best you can do is to recreate the header and footer while we will investigate this issue and figure out what caused it and if it can be recovered. Recreating the header and footer is the fastest way since the site is live.

Thank you for your understanding.

Damn, well that sucks.

HI @discobot,

Another option that might help is if your hosting has daily backup. You may load a certain backup on a staging site install. Then open it and save the header/footer has template. Upload it then on the live site. No need to create it that way.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.