Pro header not showing correctly on builder

I have just upgraded one of my sites to pro version. All was working great and I started to build the header.
All looks fine at the front end but after I saved the header things went crazy and has lost all the previews.

This is where I have posted the header:

As you can see all work correct. Any suggestions welcome

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

As we don’t have access to your admin so can’t confirm what could be the exact issue.
We would like to suggest your few troubleshooting to check if that works for you.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
    Set it as Secure Note
  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

I recreated the header and it is viewing fine. How do I now get the footer to be viewed in the builder. I have allocated it to the same page but nothing is showing in the footer builder preview screen.

Hello @dmacoxford,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Please try first revoke and then assign the footer and see if that shows up in the builder. In case problem is there then please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

I had already tried this part, I also did a copy of the footer and allocated this to another page where is was visible but on this particular page there was no footer.

Hey @dmacoxford,

Upon checking, you’re using the Default page template. I switched first to Blank No Container | Header Footer page template and your footer showed up. I then tried the Fullwidth template and it still works. I then reverted to your original page setup which is the Default page template and the footer still works. There could have been a result of some caching. You might sometimes need to clear the Style Cache in Pro > Settings along with your caching system if applicable.

Thanks.

Thanks for this will take a look and report any issues.

Still not seeing this I have cleared the cache, cleared the pro style cache. Cleared the history checked the page on three machines and on an ipad. Replicated you choice of template and still no look. I see from you screen grabs that you have go the viewing showing the footer for the page but I just don’t see this. Is there something I am missing?

Hi There,

I could replicate this issue on my end. The footer is not displaying even I changed the page template to Blank - Container | Header, Footer.

I see that you’re using the W3 Total Cache plugin. Can you temporarily deactivate it and turn off all the server caches?

If the issue still persist, I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any theme updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Then provide us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) of your staging iste so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your staging site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials of your staging

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.