Pro Header Nav Collapsed Off Canvas Close Button

Hi,
I in Pro header I have a collapsed navigation element for smaller screens. The off canvas close button (x) is linking to a url on iOS; iPad and and iPhone. NO IDEA WHY or HOW??? It is gong to the root domain; I am building in sub domain.

It should just close the off canvas menu.

Can you please advise?

Regards

Hey,

Ensure that you’re using the latest version of our product. If yes, if you could post some logins details in a secure note and we`d be happy to take a look.

P.S: You can search by “secure note” on this article if you don`t know about this: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/themeco-support-overview/288

Hi John,
Using v.1.1.1

Will send login details.

Hi, Any update as to why the menu close button is opening a new tab and taking me to the root domain instead of just closing the off canvas menu?

The site is supposed to go live tomorrow night and I can not have it redirect to a different URL when closing the mobile off canvas menu.

Please advise. I previously provided credentials in secure note.

Thank you for you time.

Hey there,

I tried your setup in my test site but it doesn’t happen on my end. It looks like the close behavior is being overriden by a script or plugin. Have you tried testing for a plugin conflict? You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.Please also deactivate all third party scripts as well.

Thanks.

I have tried all the basics with no change.

Please see attached screenshot in secure note. It may give some indication as to what it is. I am not certain.

I removed the close button to try and workaround and have users close the menu by clicking on the background of the canvas BUT the background is also linked to the root domain url by href.

Thanks

I have/had a text element in the Pro footer with and href link. When I removed the text element with the link from the footer and replaced it with a button the header worked as expected.

The Pro header off canvas close button and background somehow inherited that href from the Pro footer.

The problem is resolved by working around it but seems like something that needs to be explored further.

Thank you.

Glad you’ve sorted it out and thank you for sharing with us.

Cheers!

Heads up…

This issue is happening again, footer ‘a href’ is being picked up by the close button for navigation collapsed.

Hi @SomethingWonderful,

It mostly happens due to the broken HTML which is been added within the content. I would suggest you check by deleting the section one by one till the issue is fixed, and the last one you have deleted before the fix is the actual issue. If that does not resolve the issue, there might be some different reason behind your reason, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.Child Theme Related issue ** if you have activated it
4.CSS/JS Customization

If none of this helps, please create a separate thread and provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks