Pro Footer Style Change

I noticed today one page on my website is displaying different spacing in the webpage footer that was built with pro. I’ve been sure to clear the cache but can’t get it to look the same.

So for example if you go to:

at the bottom of the page in the footer you can see spacing above and below the “Featured on Houzz” button.

If you go to:
https://fparker.com/design-building-awards/
at the bottom of this page in the footer you can see no spacing above the “Featured on Houzz” button but only on this page. With this being a global footer why would I be seeing the space change only on this page?

Thanks for your help

Hi Bryce,

Thank you for writing in, in this page you have this custom CSS in the Page > CSS area.

body p {
    margin: 0 0 .1em;
}

That is the reason there is no spacing above Featured on Houzz on that page.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you for your input. I didn’t realize it would affect the footer also. Is there a way to specify the footer so that it removes this styling?

I tried

footer.x-colophon {
margin: 0 0 0em !important;
}

and a few other alternatives and didn’t get any result. Do you have any suggestions to do this?

Thank You

Hi There,

Please add the top padding to your bar contains Featured on Houzz image:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your input. I tried adding css padding-top:20px; to this content area with the pro footer but it didn’t change anything. I also tried adding this to CSS with the specific bar element in pro builder but had the same result. I was sure to clear the cache. I don’t have the options seen in your screenshot like if it was a text object, the button doesn’t work in that type element.

Thank You

Hi,

No need adding a css, you need to add padding to your Container that contains the “Featured…” through your container settings.

Please check screenshot below

If that doesn’t help, kindly provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note

Thanks

The element wasn’t created with a container. It was created with a “bar” in the pro footer builder. The bar doesn’t have the feature to adjust a setting of the padding. Can this not be added via CSS for the bar?

Hi,

You should be able to see the containers under Layout tab.

Would you mind providing us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Yes, I’m able to get there but don’t have the padding option with the element that was used to create the button. I’ll include my login info, thank you for the assistance.

Hi There,

To enable the padding options, please navigate to Pro > Settings > User Preferences > Advanced Mode > select Always On:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the assistance Thai, this was the issue.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.