Pro Footer Issue

Hi,

I have seen the thread about the WP 5.1 issue with Footer and was sadly someone who had it…

I managed to export my footer by creating a clone from a pre 5.1 version of my site.

I can import it into the live site BUT when I add the template it simply goes blank like a fresh footer as if nothing has been created.

I know I have the template so it could be worse, but I don’t seem to be able to get it back on the site.

I have the very latest version of Pro and am running 5.1 WP Core on the live site:

https://thistlethermal.co.uk/

Please advice.

Thanks

Hello @wolfproductions,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

There could be couple of possibilities as to why template is not getting imported and goes blank:

1. Template might be corrupted. I suggest you to export the template again. Next, to see if it’s working fine, you can import the template to same website from where it was imported. After that try importing to current website and see how it goes.
  2. Website might be running out of memory. Please try increasing memory limit. To do so, you can refer following thread.

3. Plugin or plugins might be causing conflict. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case issue is still there, please share the template file with us by uploading the same to file sharing applications like Dropbox for us to test further. After that please share the link over here.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks, I have provided you secure access to the site and DB linked the template.

That’s not the issue though, the side options have disappeared and I literally cannot save it.

If I edit an existing footer all the options appear, it’s weird.

Thanks for your help

Hello @wolfproductions,

I am also confuse with this issue. I have edited your Main Footer and no bars where in it. I just re imported your template, created a new footer with the use of the Main Footer and the bars is now displaying there. Please check out the footer I created. The Main Footer might have been corrupted or edited accidentally right after you have imported it. Please use the new Footer now.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks RueNel,

Strange one but fixed… thank you

If you need anything else feel free to create another ticket.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.