Pro Footer Customizations

Hello

I am working on customizing the footer on http://wordpress-85748-402823.cloudwaysapps.com.

1. Unfortunately I cannot seem to get the container containing the social icons underneath the text container to its left. I picture this footer divided in1o 1/2 and 1/2 with the menu on the right and everything else on the left.

2. I notice that the text on the left has a different margin above it than the menu on the right. Can that be prevented?

3. On mobile devices the menu is hanging off screen.

Thank you,
J

Hey J,

1. Moving the social icons to the left is tricky with the 3 container setup. This would require custom CSS so I would recommend that you setup 2 bars. The first bar would contain your text and menu and the second, your social icons.

2. Can you give us a screenshot of the margin?

3. You will need to adjust each of your container’s Self Flex. Please see some tips and tricks to learn how to use Flexbox here.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response. It seems like this should be a major area of development as functionality is severely limited by this setup.

I now have two bars in the footer to facilitate the layout I am trying to achieve, but the social bar should float up and under the text below, and should definitely come before the menu when changed hierarchically. The good news is that I was at least able to fix the margin issue I was facing before.

Hi There,

Having the social icons inline is possible if you make the icons as a Navigation Inline element.

This way you can set the Container’s FLEX LAYOUT to Column, while keeping the icons inline.

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I followed the instructions in the thread you linked to, but the “Social Links Menu” does not want to drop below the text on the left, no matter what I do.

Hi There,

Settings the container to column should work.

If not please provide your login credentials in a secure note.

Thanks

See attached:

Hi there,

The idea of having the Navigation Inline helped to add the social icons to the footer as you mentioned:

http://wordpress-85748-402823.cloudwaysapps.com/test-page/

I added a test page and cloned the Footer with Footer Test and it is working now.

For the mobile view, I suggest that you add another Bar and use the Hide/Show options to add stuff there searately.

Thank you.

Thank you for your great support. Solution worked.

J

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.