Pro: Font Manager not really working

So I love the idea behind the Font Manager but … going through the code that actually creates the request to Google’s font API, it seems that only fonts are loaded that are set via either x_body_font_family, x_headings_font_family, x_logo_font_family or x_navbar_font_family.

What about that one single font I decided to use for a particular navigation in the header builder? It’s not being respected and thus never gets loaded. And with the newly added builders there are endless possibilities to select one of the font templates you created with the Font Manager.

Am I missing something crucial?

Hey @Inproma,

If you use a Font Template in an element, the font will be loaded. No need to set in the Theme Options.

What’s your current setup? Would you mind providing us with WP Admin access so we could see your setup? Post it in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Secure note added.

You will find a Serif font template that is used in the only header existing. It’s used in the first bar (Meta navigation) as a template for the inline navigation’s top links.

Please note that the Pro theme is in trial mode.

Hi,

I went ahead and selected your font and it seems to work.

Kindly check in your end.

Thanks

Hey Paul,

thanks for having a look at it. It does work in the Header Builder, I realized that. But not outside of that.

Take a look the actual site. The system fallback for serif fonts is being used and when you check the requested fonts, you’ll see that Noto Serif is not included.

This looks like the issue is caused by your customization. I just double checked this setup in my test site and the Font Template works both in the builder and in the front-end so this isn’t a bug.

Please remove all customizations or switch to Pro parent then test again.

Thanks.

It doesn’t work and it’s not working with pro as the activated template.

The fact that you can see the CSS declaration for font-family doesn’t mean the font gets loaded. Go to network, activate the Font filter and you’ll notice that Noto Serif isn’t loaded. See attached image.

And as addendum: Like I already mentioned in the opening post, I sifted through the code that generates the CSS request to Google Fonts and I see no indication that anything apart from the mentioned four options gets loaded.

Please notice the font in my previous screenshot. It is Noto Sans. I’ll upload again for clarity.

Here’s Noto Serif in the Font Manager.

Noto Serif loaded in the front-end.

Actual code in loaded in the front-end.

Now that it is clear that it clearly loads in the front-end on my end, there is most probably something that is causing the issue on your end. We have now removed certain that it is not the customizations but please keep them disabled while this issue is not solved.

The weird thing is, deactivating Font Manager makes Noto Serif load. This does not happen in my test site also.

Would you mind deactivating all third party plugins just so we are certain they’re not affecting Pro features. Also give us FTP access.

Thanks.

I’ve investigated further and found why it is working in my test site. My Body and Headings fonts are actually system fonts. I changed them to Google Fonts and the font template isn’t loaded. This looks like a bug. I’ll post this in our issue tracker so our developers will be made aware once they go through the list of reports.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

You found out what I mentioned in my opening post. :stuck_out_tongue: I should’ve been more clear about how to reproduce it though.

Might be of help:

The problem can be found in framework/functions/global/admin/customizer/fonts/google-fonts.php, function x_get_google_fonts_request().

There you can clearly see that only the aforementioned four options are taken into consideration when building the request to Google Fonts.

And like you noticed (and as I did as well), whatever the header builder is doing, it is doing it right. Just haven’t looked further into its code.

Anyways, thank you again for taking your time with this. I’m thrilled about the prompt and helpful support in this forum! Props!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.