Pro elements missing when edited in Safari

Please note I can NOT give you login credentials to my site because of our firewall rules.

I did some editing on my page using Pro in Safari one day and all was well. Then the next day, many of the elements were missing. Even though I hadn’t touched the computer since the previous day, I assumed I’d deleted them, except that when viewing the page in the browser, everything looked normal. I hadn’t changed anything or updated anything in WordPress, Pro, Safari, MacOS, or any plugins. And everything is up to date with the latest version. So I opened the editor in Chrome, and everything was there. I can’t edit that page at all in Safari, but Chrome works.

The first screenshot below is from Safari. Notice that all you can see is the slider, and the blue “Section 1” label is in the lower left of the editing screen.

The second screenshot is from Chrome. All the elements are there and the blue “Section 1” label is in it’s proper location at the top left of the editing screen.

Additional info about this:

This page was originally created two years ago in Cornerstone and occasionally edited with subsequent newer versions of X and Pro. To edit the page this time, I created a new section in Pro, so I’m using “new” rows, not “classic” rows, and I moved the elements into the new section and deleted the old.

Other than the slider, the main elements are all “new” not classic. However, in my tabs, I have global blocks with mixtures of classic and new items. But this problem occurred prior to me adding any of those tabs.

And just to be clear, I’m using the newest version of Pro, not X.

Here’s a screenshot of my layout.

Hello @taxwebmaster,

Thanks for asking.

It’s pretty difficult for us to suggest you a solution without taking a look at the setup as the problem is limited to Safari browser and things are working fine in Chrome. In that regards, I can suggest you to try out following solutions and see how it goes.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Thank you.

I think I may have resolved it. As I was re-creating the page from scratch, I got to the global blocks in the tabs. Once I copied/pasted a paragraph of text, the problem arose. So instead, I typed the text manually and the problem went away. So there was some bad character in there that was causing it. I still don’t know what it was, but apparently this is a strange bug of Safari: if there’s a bad character in a section of text in a global block, then you can’t edit the page using Pro in Safari. But it works now.

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.