Pro element ID not recognized by Google Analytics?

Hi!

I have set up analytics tracking to record in Activecampaign when users open the sales page.

The sales page is opened via clicking an off-canvas toggle. The toggle has the ID

The script is implemented in Google Tag Manager.

However, I need to tell Google Tag Manager when it needs to fire this particular tag.

This is where I run into problems. I tried to get the tag to fire when the HTML ID of the click is ‘opened_sales_page-anchor-toggle’ (see screenshot below).

However, that does not come through as an HTML ID for Google Tag manager.

I have tried getting the click to fire on the click text, and that does work. However, then the tag does NOT fire if someone clicks the graphic next to the text, or clicks somewhere else on the toggle, just outside the text.

How can I fix this?

Hello Tristan,

Thanks for the very detailed post.

Please change your ID into opened-sales-page-anchor-toggle and if nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Hi, thanks!

In the meantime I found another solution. I made the tag fire on element visibility, which works well.

Hi Tristan,

We’re glad you were able to figure it out. Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.