PRO editor will not save any edits or changes on new pages I create. Times out. Help!

When trying to edit pages using PRO it wont save or even basic edits to new pages. It seems to work on existing pages but as I started adding pages it times out during the “save” process and when I eventually get control again nothing is saved. I often get a “changed not saved” error but sometimes not even that.

I’ve tried disabling third party plugins but that doesn’t appear to help. Running PRO 2.5.5 on WP 5.2.1

I can still access the pages I have in PRO, I can add/delete pages through the WP Dashboard, but using PRO to make changes or edits to new pages I need has put me at a standstill.

Need help as soon as possible!

• Mitch

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for writing in! If you have already tried disabling your plugins, could you please try increasing your PHP max script execution time by following this guide (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time).

Also if you haven’t already, try increasing your PHP memory limit by following this guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935) and see if that helps.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Thank you. I will give that a try and let you know if I need further assistance.

Really quick: what version of PHP in my server environment do you suggest running? Currently 7.1 but have the option to go to 7.3 if it would be helpful.

• Mitch

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for updating the thread. X/Pro themes are backward compatible up-to PHP v5.5.x, so your current PHP version should be alright. We usually recommend PHP v5.6.x or higher because it will also cover compatibility of most of the other plugins as well.

To see if you’re having any PHP related issues, you can enable your error log. To do that, you need to edit your wp-config.php file and replace the following line
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
with the below code.

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); 
if ( WP_DEBUG ) {
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
}

This will create an error log file under your wp-content directory, with the name of debug.log. Once you perform actions on your site (working on the Pro editor), it will record any errors on your debug.log file which you can read using a text editor (you need to connect using FTP client and download the file).

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.