Pro editor takes long time to save a page

I am using the latest version of Pro and the editor takes a very long time to save any page, especially when I edit a non-classic element that involves text changes. What am I doing wrong?

Hey Misha,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thanks. The details are below.

Hi Misha,

I tried editing your pages and saving it but can’t replicate the issue.

It is saving fast on my end. May I know what browser are you using. Can you try it in Chrome browser and try it in a different computer.

Thanks

I know this isn’t my topic, but I am having the same issues.

I am using Safari and I’ve found that it takes a long time to save when I’ve made a lot of edits to text fields. There is a considerable lag between when I make many edits to a text element and when it updates in the actual page. It seems that the page will not save until the changes in text are reflect in the visual display of the page. This happens when editing via inline editing as well as editing text in the inspector.

The page saves quickly when few changes are made. I wonder if this has to do with the “undo” history being updated before the page will save.

Hi Bobby,

Some host throttles the requests and for every change you made, it issues requests to the server. That includes post request, preview request, and so on. Some also throttles the CPU usage in which affects the requests and can get slower.

The amount of changes and editing you’re doing could trigger that issue which unfortunately, the builder or the theme has no control. If your host do that, then I recommend doing the editing outside the text element (like notepad or any text editing application) and just copy and paste the text. With this, it minimizes the requests of the current page within the builder.

Thanks!

@Rad and @paul.r

Thanks for the follow-ups. Here are my answers:

1. I am using Chrome (on Mac OS) as you have proposed; it is the latest version since it auto-updates.
  2. I have tried it on several different computers; all of them have been Macs. So, I have not tried it on a Windows PC but that is not a long-term option for me anyway.
  3. In my case, the delay occurs even when I make a minor edit (e.g. adding a comma to a text field).
  4. Usually, the delay occurs when an element with the Pro text editor is involved (e.g. Headline, Button, Text, etc.)
  5. The delay can be as long as 60 seconds in some cases. It is not deterministic, i.e. the delay varies.

Does this give you any hints?

Hi Misha,

Please clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) and your browser’s cache, this will help to avoid any potential caching errors.

Then, try increasing your PHP Memory limit by following the guide provided here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

@friech, increasing the PHP Memory fixed the issue. Thanks!

You’re welcome, Misha. Glad it helped.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.