Pro editor not recognized on some pages

Hi there,

I recently switched a dev site to live. On doing that, I installed a plugin called Velvet Blues to update my urls: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/

After I did that, all my pages (except the home page) went blank. I went into them and the content was in the HTML editor, not the Pro editor. I’ve cleared cache, resaved permalinks, readded the theme Pro manually and deactivated all plugins. Nothing worked.

How do I get my pages working again with the Pro editor?

Thank you!

Hello @andreawhitehead,

Thanks for writing in!

Please try out following solutions and let us know the outcome:

1. Under Settings > General please make sure that WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) uses live website URL.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Not using a CDN. I’ve completed the other steps and nothing is fixed. I think maybe the serialization of the pages got changed. Is that reversible?

I’ve also sent a secure note.

Hey @andreawhitehead,

Sorry for the confusion. The Velvet Blues plugin is only for updating contents made using the WordPress Editor.

To update URLs inside Cornerstone or Pro content, you’ll need a search and replace plugin that supports serialized data like the Better Search Replace plugin.

Do a search for your old domain and replace with your new domain. Please refer to the plugin documentation of the plugin you’ll be using for usage instructions but basically, it’ll mostly have a search and replace fields like the screenshot below.

There are times that you need to escape the slashes like this:

https:\/\/old-domain.com
https:\/\/new-domain.com

With that said, search for the un-escaped version first and if there’s missing URLs, try search for the escaped version.

Hope that helps.

I think you’re misunderstanding my problem. The problem is that I can’t edit any of my pages using the Pro editor anymore They’ve all been created using that editor and now I can’t use it after trying that plugin.

Hey @andreawhitehead,

I totally understand the problem. I should have explained more though rather than suggesting a solution right away. Sorry about that.

The problem is you did not migrate your site correctly so the Cornerstone builder data is disconnected from your pages. It’s also possible that you didn’t include the Post Meta where the builder’s data are saved. You can read about the proper migration of Cornerstone at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126/1. It’s not just Cornerstone that needs that type of migration. Modern plugins also use serialized data. That’s why I said the Velvet Blues plugin is only if you’re content was built with the default WordPress editor. It won’t work for the Cornerstone created content and you’ll get the issue you’re experiencing which is the content was edited outside of Cornerstone or you see shortcodes in the WordPress editor.

Please follow what I’ve suggested in my previous reply and if that doesn’t work, please repeat the migration of your site following the migration process in our documentation. Otherwise, you’d need to rebuild your pages.

Thanks.

I’ve tried all of this, nothing has worked. I believe my GUIDs were replaced using the Velvet Blues plugin.

There’s nothing that can be done? I now have to rebuild 27 pages from scratch.

Hey @andreawhitehead,

If you can’t do the migration process again, regretfully, there’s no other solution if the builder’s data is lost or not included in the migration process.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.