Pro Editor not loading preview

Hi, I transferred my Wordpress installation to a new provider. So far everything ist working.

But I am not able to edit something with X Pro. I click on edit and then the preview of the site is not loading. I only see the Pro logo in the preview area.

I did a reset of the .htaccess file
I performed the clear style cache
I checked PHP version
I checked the users permission in X Pro

Thank you for your help. Regards,
Martin

Hi There @maddiiin

Thanks for writing in! It seems that you have not properly migrated your site as I can see some of your resource URLs are pointing to example.com/wordpress (see secure note).

Please follow our migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126) and make sure to properly migrate your site.

Thanks!

Thanks @mldarshana!

What do you suggest / recommend for my issue? My site is already migrated. Does the plugin “WP Migrate DB” solve my problem?

I’m a bit surprised because the issue is not only at migrated sites or blog posts, also new sites are affected.

Regards,
Martin

Hello Martin,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the website and opened few pages in Pro Content builder. In dev tools I can also see that resources from yourdomain.com/wordpress/ is being requested. Please update all the URLS and follow following guide to update the same. I am also sharing plugin link that can be used to download.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

My service provider for the migration says that he used such a tool multiple times. He says the database is correct and has everywhere the new url.

1. Where does it have to be changed?

2. When I create a new post the builder is also not loading. So it means for me that is not an issue with the existing posts / items. It is a issue with the theme / builder self. Correct?

3. Will it help when I delete X Pro and install it again?

Thanks, regards
Martin

Hi Martin,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  6. Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 120 for optimal usage (https://thimpress.com/knowledge-base/how-to-increase-maximum-execution-time-for-wordpress-site/).
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Let us know how it goes!

I deleted the "cool timeline"plugin. Now its working.

Glad it’s now working and thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.