Pro editor not displaying properly

On pages where I have a revolution slider or the grid enabled, the backend of the pro editor doesn’t display correctly.
example:
here is the live front page.

Here is what it looks like when I edit this page in pro:

The buttons don’t display, my 3 column row becomes stacked, the heading sizes are all wrong, and background colors don’t show up.

This site is using cloudflare, but rocket loader and minification are disabled (and it was doing this before the site was live). Any ideas as to what would cause this? I only see it on the pages where I have a revolution slider classic element or the grid classic element with sections of content below them

Thanks
Chris

Hey Chris,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS and JavaScript.

Thanks.

You are right, it is a plugin conflict. I use WP Google Maps, and when that plugin is activated, any Pro content editor page with a slider revolution or a grid element breaks the layout of the editor. I loked at the console, and this error is there:
VM2771:3 Uncaught TypeError: $.TG_media_init is not a function
at eval (eval at (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2), :3:5)
at eval (eval at (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2), :8:4)
at eval ()
at jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2
at Function.globalEval (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at Ha (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
at a.fn.init.after (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
at cs.js?ver=2.1.7:50322
at NodeList.forEach ()
at cs.js?ver=2.1.7:50321

possibly a jquery conflict? Have you had issues with this plug in before?

Thanks
Chris

Deactivate the CDN and everything will work normally. otherwise you need to do some specific configuration on cloudflare.

Hi Chris,

The theme has a classic google map element, please use that instead.

You can also use shortcodes.

http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/map/

Thanks

Sorry, using the classic google map element isn’t an option. The WP Google Maps Pro plugin we use has a traffic layer, on page directions, and a custom pin that has the business logo on it. There doesn’t seem to be an issue with the map displaying or working correctly, the only issue seems to be in the editor. Id like to figure out this conflict, and Nick, the developer of the WP Google Maps plugin, is very responsive to support as well. This will not be the last site I design in Pro (especially when the template manager is here!), and I think this maps plugin is the best one out there so I’d like to figure out what is actually conflicting here.

Thanks
Chris

Also, I want to mention that I did empty the cache on cloudflare then pause cloudflare completely ( which then just uses cloudflare for DNS but points directly to the origin server and does not use CDN) and the problem still persisted. It is definitely a conflict with the WP Google Maps plugin and not related to using cloudflare standard.

1 Like

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Meanwhile, please make sure that you are using the recommended CloudFlare settings which can be found here: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

The most important also is that in CloudFlare Speed tab, the JS and CSS minify option should always be disabled.

Thank you.

I added a secure note.
I was able to fix the error on the home page by turning on the global setting in the themepunch rev slider “Insert Javascript into footer”. This disables the rev slider from previewing on the back end, but this is fine, as long as I can see it on the front end and the builder css is correct.

However, it did not fix it on the page with the grid classic element: https://sherrymartindance.com/class-descriptions
edit the above page in the pro builder, and you will see how the styles are messed up in the builder, and the errors in the console. The grid plugin doesn’t look like it has any sort of option for javascript errors or troubleshooting.

As far as the WP Google Maps plugin, I reached out to their developer, and they said they do not load any external jquery libraries.

Thanks for the help.

Hey Christopher,

I see the issue and I tried disabling the loading of The Grid scripts globally but it didn’t fixed the issue. I noticed you’re using The Grid 2.4.0. The latest bundled version is 2.5.0. Please deactivate The Grid then update it or uninstall and reinstall again via Pro > Overview

Thanks.

1 Like

This worked! updating to 2.5 and disabling the global loading of the grid scripts worked. I had also tried disabling this before and it didn’t work until the grid was updated.

As far as updates go to theme bundled plugins… Do I have to disable them to have them check for updates automatically? It looks like from the Slider Revolution backend page that there is an update to that as well, but disabling the plugin did not seem to show an update available.

Thanks again for the help and support.
Chris

Hi,

You don’t need to disable it, you can go to Dashboard > Updates then click on Check again and it will list down all available updates.

Hi Paul,

I do keep the site up to date, and had previously checked here for updates to the theme plugins (specifically The Grid and Slider Revolution). The Grid did not show here as needing an update until I disabled it. Slider Revolution still doesn’t show as needing an update, disabled or not, even though the plugin version installed is Version 5.4.6.3.1 and their latest version is 5.4.6.4.

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

The latest version available with theme is the version you have it :

Revolution Slider: | Latest Supported Version: 5.4.6.3.1

Usually, it takes sometimes until we release the latest version of the plugin as we need a period for testing te compatibility among the new plugin release and the theme,

You can follow the latest available versions available with the theme on :

Hope it helps!

1 Like

thanks guys! you can close this one out.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.