Pro Editor Mid-Size Device Display Settings Never Reflect Reality

This bug has existed for 2 years and I’m extremely puzzled as to how it’s never been fixed.

It’s really simple: In the editor, the “Hide During Breakpoints” settings are never reflected in the live view for any sizes except full-size desktop and mobile phone. For all other sizes the Hide settings are completely ignored in the editor (they work in the actual front-end view, but that’s not helpful when editing).

I’ve attached an example with a Gap, though it applies to virtually any element.

The Gap is set to hide on desktops thru wide tablets. Yet despite viewing the page in laptop/small desktop view, and the gap is set to hide for this size, it’s there.

Hi @co50,

I checked our internal system and could not find a bug report like that. I wonder if you are experiencing this in all the installations that you have as you clearly have many licenses, or it is something only related to this specific installation.

Also, I wonder if you add a new page and add the elements you still get the error for the middle range breakpoints?

And, finally if you have the latest version of the Pro theme or not.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Chris,

This occurs on every site, like I said, since the new builders and enhanced elements came out years ago. I’ve gotten so used to just opening a separate browser window and viewing it on smaller widths there. But after 2 years it’s time to say something - I mean geez, guys. I’ve spoken to many people on the Pro FB group and this is definitely a known issue.

The latest update doesn’t fix this in the changelog so there’s no benefit here to upgrading to 2.5.

Hello There,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Since this is missing on our internal system, I have added a report for it. Yes, I can confirm the issue and also put a note to our developer to check but I cannot promise a fixed timeline for it. Thank you for understanding.

Hey Chris,

Though Lely has replicated the issue, I couldn’t replicate this in any of my X, Cornerstone and Pro test sites even with a past version and the latest one.

It’s also weird that this is the first time that it was reported when this is an important feature of the builder. Inconsistent display issues like this are usually caused by custom code so please ensure you’ve tested the staging version your sites without any custom CSS and third party plugins.

Once confirmed that no third party factor is causing the issue, please give us access to one of your staging site’s WordPress Admin and FTP so we could check if there’s a conflict with certain server and/or WordPress setups.

Is this also only happening in certain browsers? If so, what browser and version number?

Also tell us if you’re in Windows or Mac and also provide the OS version number.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I’ve discussed with Lely and the weird thing we found is, her test site works on my end and we have the same browser and operating system. With that finding, we could safely exclude the server and WordPress setup factor.

There is most probably something on Lely’s and your end that is causing the issue. Most probably something that is preventing CSS to be loaded or take effect. We have not yet found the cause so would you mind testing in another computer?

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.