Pro editor help

I installed Pro yesterday. I can’t seem to get the editor functioning. It opens a page but it only shows the boxes that hold information and tells me to create a box to start. I upgraded from “X” and would like to be able to edit my pages. It has one other strange glitch as well, if I open the page with pro it removes the formatting just leaves the short code. Just opening pro does that.
What do I need to get it working? I did deactivate all my plugins and deleted any I did not need, it did not help. I increased my memory. Php is 7.0

Hi There @showscots

Thanks for writing in and I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue. To troubleshoot your issue further, please install the following plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) activate it and then head over to Dashboard -> WP-Serverinfo section.

Then check the following server configurations. Even through you have mentioned that you have increased PHP memory limit and so on, it may not affected to your hosting environment as some hosting providers apply restrictions on changing them.

PHP Version - We recommend PHP v5.6.x or higher to avoid incompatibility issues. Some hosts allows to switch PHP versions within the hosting control panel. If not, you can contact your hosting provider and ask them to update. Since you have PHP 7.0, I would also suggest you to switch to a different version such as PHP 7.2.x.

PHP Memory Limit - We recommend PHP memory limit of 512 MiB. If you don’t see the updated values, you will have to contact your hosting provider directly to increase it.

PHP max script execution time - We recommend the value of 120 or higher (300). Here’s how to increase that value (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time).

You can also add the following code into your wp-config.php file by replacing the line you already have define('WP_DEBUG', false);.

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); 
if ( WP_DEBUG ) {
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
}

This will create an error log file under your wp-content directory, with the name of debug.log and also it will not display any errors for your visitors. Once you perform some tasks on your site (for example loading Pro builder), it will record any errors in your error log.

if you’re still experiencing this issue, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Hi,

Can you provide us the url of the page that you are having an issue with provide us more information about “not editing correctly.”

I tried creating a test page and test PRO Editor, it seems to work without issues.

Please note that the editor are not interchangeable, pages built in VC can only be edited in VC and pages made in PRO can only be edited in PRO.

Thanks

http:/www.beinnein.com
we are having trouble with every page. I did not realize that Pro could not edit the existing pages.
VC stopped working with the last Wordpress update, turning off Gutenberg helped but not entirely. I was hoping to use another editor on the existing pages. I am not very experienced so all a learning curve.

Thanks for your help
Darle

Hi Darle,

Please continue using WPBakery Page Builder for your existing page, and use the Pro’s Content Builder for your new pages.

You can edit the existing pages in Pro’s Content Builder, but that means rebuilding that page from the scratch.

Deactivate the other Page editor that you have to avoid conflicts, Classic Editor and Visual Composer Website Builder.

Thanks,

When I deactivate Visual Composer, even though I installed the recommended css plugin, my pages lose their formatting and show the short code. I had the same problem when I tried to edit with Pro immediately after I upgraded “x”. Just opening Pro to add or edit a page caused the pages to show short code. Your suggestions have helped get Pro functioning to create new pages but I still have a conflict. It looks like I may have to create all new pages in Pro in order to have functional editing capability after upgrading

Hi @showscots,

Deactivating it will really remove the formatting since your content is still dependent on it. It’s basically the one that owns those shortcodes.

I’m not sure about the Pro upgrade, are you referring editing pages created in visual composer then opened in Pro? You shouldn’t do that, It’s recommended to create it from scratch since you’ve been using different builder. Visual Composer and Pro builder are both different builders.

May I know what specific page has this issue? Though, you must update your Visual Composer first, it’s no longer compatible with Wordpress 5.0.3, nor to the installed old. Your visual composer is too old that causing more issues since you already updated the rest of your site.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.