Pro Editor, Elements Disappear

Hi there.

Due to some conflict that I can’t track down, the Pro Content Builder blanks out on some pages. All elements still exist, but they have essentially been ‘whited out’.

I could track this issue down once to choosing a specific font in the header editor, after which the bug appeared. So I’m assuming that there is some kind of conflict.

I guess you’ll need my login?

Hey @smoothjapan,

I’m sorry but we could not provide a definitive answer based only on your description of the issue. Please try these possible solutions one by one and check each time if it solves the issue:

1. Ensure you’re using the latest version of X / Pro and Cornerstone. If your not updated yet, please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Please try all of the list items above and if nothing helps, please give us WP admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

I could limit it down to the font assignment. I have assigned Typekit fonts to the Heading and Body standard font definitions. Wheneve I select these, the site goes blank. See screenshots.

Regarding your standard steps, I have done:
1 Check
2 Check
3 Check
4 Not Done, but unlikely
5 Not Done, requires lots of work
6 Not Done
7 Not Done, unlikely to be cause

Thanks for the additional details. In that case, please give us WP admin and FTP access in a secure note.

Attached to above post. FTP is complicated. I would need to set you up on Flywheel. Let me know if it’s absolutely necessary.

Hi @smoothjapan,

Seems to be working on my end, according to your mentioned procedure. Would you mind providing the exact page where this is still happening?

Thanks!

Please check the English Header at http://staging.smoothjapan.flywheelsites.com/en/pro/#/headers/1293/inspector?lang=en
and compare it with the Japanese header.

Try the Japanese header, setting any menu item to “Heading” or “Body” font will make everything go blank.

Hi smoothjapan,

Thank you for the information. I checked the case but could not found any solution. We need more testing regarding this to understand why this is happening:

1. Please enable the WordPress debug mode so instead of the blank page we will have the actual error shown.

2. Test the case for the heading and body copy when you assign a normal Google font instead of a typekit font. See if the problem exists on that case. This will show if the problem is from the type kit fonts that you use in Japanese language or not.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.