Pro editor and Wordpress text editors not working

Today when I attempted to update a post on the website:

I found that I only had the Wordpress text editor with menu ribbon to work with. There was no tab for Pro and when I clicked the visual editor, the add media, add envira gallery, and add contact form, nothing happened. I’ve been clearing caches for the last couple of hours (locally and through my service provider, fatcow), disabling all plugins, nothing.

After some internet searching, I did add the following to my wp-config file"

define(‘CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS’, false);

That brought back the pro tab, the functionality of the buttons and the visual editor (menu ribbon and all) but it stripped the text editor of its menu ribbon. But, on a new post, when I click the pro tab then the “edit with pro” I get a Wordpress refresh that takes me back to the text editor. No editing in pro. When I go to the customizer in pro, I am timed out. No page image and the message that it could be I have aggressive page caching on.

So what do you know?

Images below—you can see the text editor tab is selected and no menu ribbon.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing around! First remove the code you’ve entered in wp-config file and check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Hello, the same thing is happening to me. Did anything help?

I have pro on 2 other sites that are working fine.

@Jesamine, Please start a new thread and provide your login credentials in a secure note. We encourage users to provide their credentials in their own thread for security reason. Then I will be more happy to check the issue you’re getting :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to link your thread to this thread.

Cheers!

Okay, done! Thanks Rad.

Hey There,

We will be responding that thread shortly.

Thanks.

It turns out that code I had put into my child theme functions.php to reduce my page load time by deferred parsing of javascript stopped the loading of necessary javascript in the admin pages. I removed the “define(‘CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS’, false);” from wp-config.php and deleted the deferred javascript parsing code from my functions.php and everything appears to be working fine.

The issue with not being able to use the “edit with pro” is resolved when I realized that before I could edit a page or post, I needed to create and save a page with a title and then I could edit by clicking the pro tab and the “edit with pro” button in the visual editor area. That is probably somewhere in Pro’s documentation. LIve and learn!

Thanks for the support and your good work.

Thanks for sharing and you’re welcome! Deferring the script may affect the loading order of the scripts, and of course, the concatenation too ( since due to affected dependencies ).

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.