Pro: Disqus recent comments in blog sidebar

I like to show the latest disqus comments in the sidebar. I couldn’t find a prepared widget, so I have tried to apply this tutorial: http://jaimeiniesta.com/articles/building-a-disqus-recent-comments-widget-with-javascript/
by adding a HTML widget in the sidebar. I also have created the disqus api_key for the JS code.

I have added in the disqus admin API the domains:

the localhost is not accepted. Is this the reason why it doesn’t work?
I use at the moment a localhost with WAMP.

Are there other (easier/better) options to create in the sidebar recent disqus comments?
If not, what can I try to do?

Hi there,

Our theme or the Disqus plugin which we have does not have any support for the Recent Comments as a widget. So we do not know the best way to be helpful, I did a Google Search and found out a plugin that might be helpful for your case:

Please kindly consider that the suggestion above is not an official recommendation of Themeco and a personal try to be extra helpful and give you some alternatives to achieve your goal.

Thank you for your understanding.

hi chris, thank you for your help. I have found that one, too. But it seems not updated since 4 years.

Hi there,

Yes, I understand and indeed it is your decision to use it or not. That was the most we could be of a help regarding this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.