Pro & Databases/PHP

Hi all, thanks in advance for your assistance!

I’m curious if someone might have some information, tutorial or wisdom on how the Pro/X theme can be integrated with the WPDB? I am a beginner in PHP and have quite a bit of learning and have made my own functioning forms on some generic themes.

I was excited to install Pro onto my website and begin to style everything. However, I have hit a road block when it comes to having PHP interact with each individual page? In short, I guess my two questions would be:

• How do you POST data from a site with php? Most of what I have can be done with cornerstone except the part where I am writing to wpdb.
  • Is there a way to display data from the WPDB without a third-party plugin?
  • Would it be possible to build a user profile page utilizing cornerstone (e.g., all db information is posted through cornerstone), or would any data have to be fully hardcoded with php?

I have done some researching and what I have found on these forums is one of three responses:

• The support folks have made comments about this being out of the scope of their support.
  • “Oh, since posting I figured it out!”
  • There have been suggestions to altering the wp-functions.php code, yet I have not been able to figure out how this is linked to the individual function of form POST, for example.

Thank you all in advance, I appreciate your willingness to help out -
Matthew

Hey Matthew,

What you need would require custom development which is outside the scope of our support. We also don’t have PHP tutorials in our Knowledge Base. You need to consult with a web developer for this. We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at pinnacle@theme.co if this is of interest to you.

Thank you for your understanding.