Pro customizer is crashing

This happens when I go between header and content/page
Nothing has changed with respect to cache or new plugins.
Why?

Hi @thoughtsociety,

Thanks for reaching out.

I couldn’t find anything from your site’s front other than not secured SSL, would you mind providing your site’s admin login credentials so I can further check it? Please provide it in the secure note.

And please follow these in case you haven’t done the troubleshooting yet.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks!

Rad,

That’s a mouthful.

So, I am on AWS/EC2 under Bitnami WP, 4.9.9 Pro child theme latest.
There is Letsencrypt SSL cert installed, up to date and approved by CA’s so I don’t know what you mean by ‘not secured SSL’.

I use a free Lightbox plugin - Dfactory Responsive Lightbox. That may have a cache but no way will I remove that.
Are you suggesting I temporarily remove custom CSS etc to test this? I would not remove the CSS permanently because it makes the site right as per help from you guys in the past.

Another weird thing is that I am entering HTML into tabbed containers (using Tabs 2.0 element) and sometimes the text/html scratchpad where you enter stuff is hanging and the only way I can get it back is by exiting Pro and re-entering. I can make this go away by slowly removing suspect code and I have not seen it happen since the last removal. I guess this is a ‘Pro-test’ by your stack for putting bad HTML into the tab.

Hello @thoughtsociety,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.