Pro Content Editor exits from editor

When I’m in the content editor in Pro, whenever I click the ‘Elements’ at the top left pane it exits the content editor…

Its really getting tiresome to edit content as every time I click on ‘Elements’ to choose a new element to add the page reloads without the editor, just like it reloads a front end page, without the editor.

Hello Adam,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

OK great thank you, I tried everything and still the same, however, I’m using Pro version 2.3.8 should I be using an earlier version?

Hi Adam,

Could you please check the PHP version running on your server and make sure to use PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid incompatibility issues.

Also you can enable WP_DEBUG mode on your WordPress by following this guide (https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG) and then try reproducing your issue again by performing the actions and see if you’re getting any PHP errors.

If you want to go back to earlier version, you can download it from your Themeco Dashboard.

If you want us to investigate this issue further, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note.

Thanks!

Hey Guys,

I would love to follow this and resolve it yes, please see secure note for access, please do what you need to do, don’t worry about anything on the site, I have backups and its completely in development, you have my aith to do whatever you need.

The hosting is a VPS, because I also custom build servers for my living so its a custom built server like I provide to many clients, fully working… PHP 7.0 (I will soon upgrade to php7.2 but right now its 7.0).

The server is a LNMP so no apache, its nginx running on Ubuntu 16.04 …

Also left debug on… I saw this error after redirected to a page that is not the editor:

Notice
: Undefined variable: the_cite in
…public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/views/elements/quote.php on line 68

Hello Adam,

To get rid of the PHP notice, please disable the WP debug mode. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

I also went head and resolve the issue. I simply updated your permalinks in Settings > Permalinks. You should now be able to click the “Elements” tab in the Pro editor.

Please check your site now.

Really appreciate your help, working perfectly now, thank you very much indeed!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.