Pro - content: Copy column?

Hey there…

in the forum Lely wrote:

To do it:
1.) Inspect the column the third column.
2.) Click the Save Preset button. Add the name then hit save.
3.) Inspect the fourth column. Click Apply preset button.

But bullet 3.)doesnt work! - I Inspect the column. Click Apply preset button, select the preset, click Apply

• a popup appears: “This action will replace all element styling. Proceed?”
    After “yes, apply” Nothing happens -neither I activate “replace Content” nor I do not activate it -
    Dont know what I do wrong!
    Please help -

Thanks Susanne

Hello Susanne,

Thanks for writing in!

The steps mentioned by Lely should have worked unless otherwise there are some JS errors or conflict on the page. Can you please confirm that you have updated to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• Pro theme 2.5.5
  • X theme 6.5.6
  • Cornerstone 3.5.5

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

thanks for the answer! I sent you the secure note…
Today I tryed to safe a container preset in my header, because I have to change the content of the container in each header of the site. I could save it and it is shown in presets, but I also couldnt apply that …
would be great to know how it goes!

Hello Susanne,

Thanks for updating in!

I have logged in and investigated the issue. I was able to save your homepage as a template and I was also able to load the template into my test page “Home Copy”.

I created a new section with two column row. I made several changes to the column and save my column settings as a preset. I moved to the next column and I have applied the column preset. I was able to do that too.

When you save the preset please make sure that you are saving the preset and apply it to the same element. A text preset can only be applied to a text element and not on a column element.

Hope this helps.

Hey RueNel,
First of all - thank you!
I think I know what the problem is!
If I copy a row, the whole content and Layout will be copied.
But I can’t copy a colunm - so I tried to do this by “safe preset” because I thought that I create a template of the column which has all content included. But in your example the text will not get copied to the second column. Obviously the preset is only for the Design but not for the content.
What I need is to copy and paste a complete column.

Hello Susane,

Thanks for updating in! At the moment, you cannot copy the column or even replace its content using the preset. The preset will only work replacing the text contents in text element, headline element, and some other v2 element. I would recommend that you save your column settings as a preset and then duplicate each of the elements inside the column so that you can drag it over to the next column.

By the way, have you used the skeleton mode feature? Do you know that you can duplicate a column in skeleton mode? Please check the image below:

Hope this helps.

Great! Sceleton is the way! Thank you so much, RueNel!

You’re always welcome!

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.