Pro Content Builder - Nothing Selected

I am having all sorts of problems with Pro and creating page content. When I open a page with Pro, I get the usual screen, but the left-hand section where I would expect to see “Add Section” or other commands such as “Elements”, the only the message I get is “Nothing Selected”. There are no buttons or ability to do anything with the page builder. This happens on all pages with no current content.

Further background - this website was previously located on a different server where there were PHP issues (see earlier support case) To get around this, the website has been restored to a server where I have many Pro websites hosted, so I know the server settings are ok. The PHP issues are no longer present on the new server, but this.

Login details are in a secure note.

Thanks,
Christopher

Hello Susan,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Can you please confirm the login details as they are not working or seems incorrect. Please confirm the login details for us to take a closer look at the website setup.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,
I have just updated the password in the original secure note. The user is set as administrator.
Thanks,
Christopher

Hi Christopher,

I’m a different staff and I see that your password is still incorrect. Could you please confirm with the correct information, so that we can check your issue.

In the meantime, could you also please try following our general troubleshooting guidelines below and see if you can isolate the issue. Most possible causes are due to caching or plugin conflicts. Also check your PHP version and memory limit.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X/Pro > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the Theme Options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Let us know how it goes.
Thank you.

There was a problem with the user profile - I was just testing it. All is fully correct now. Not sure what went wrong but possibly from the website migration.

I have gone through each step listed above, leaving every step in the above-mentioned changed (off) status for the next step. Despite this, I am still getting the same error.

1. All up to date.
  2. Style cache cleared
    3.No CDN in operation; no other cache in operation.
  3. All plugins deactivated (and remain off until final step completed).
    5.All custom CSS removed (and remains removed until final step completed).
  4. .htaccess renamed and new file generated.
  5. PHP 7.2 active throughout.
  6. PHP Max Execution Time already at 120.
  7. PHP memory limit already set to 512MB.

All settings have now been returned to original settings - all plugin back on and CSS reinstalled.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Christopher

A further thought - I have just tried resetting the footer to the standard one by disabling the Pro Footer. However, I found that the usual options to disable the Pro Footers are not present. Can this be done manually in another way? I expect this issue is connected to the main one?

Hi Christopher,

I checked and can see a lot missing settings and elements.

Can you try reinstalling your pro theme. You can download a fresh copy from your forum dashboard.

Please make sure to create full backup before reinstalling PRO Theme

If that doesn’t help, please provide us your FTP Login in Secure Note.

Thanks

Thanks Paul,

There must have been some corruption with the website files prior to migrating using All In One Migration, possibly connected to the earlier support case. Reinstalling Pro did not help at all. I have ended up rebuilding the website from scratch on a web host I know works efficiently and is correctly set-up and will transfer the completed website across to the live environment in due course. There have been too many fundamental problems with this website, so rebuilding is the safer long-term option. All seems to be working fine so far…!

Thanks,
Christopher

Glad you’ve found an alternative host that works, Christopher.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.