Pro builder slow to load, often takes minutes

Hello,

I’m experiencing slow loading for the Pro builder, particularly for the header and footer builder. I have my Wordpress site hosted on an Ubuntu Instance at Digital Ocean. 4 GB Memory / 80 GB Disk / TOR1 - Ubuntu 16.04.

I’m wondering if you may have any recommendations for how to speed up the builders? Thanks!

Hey Roman,

Pro is fast on my end even in low cost shared host so what’s happening on your end might not be server limitation but there might be something in the server and/or WordPress setup that is slowing down Pro.

Regretfully, we are not capable of troubleshooting down to the server level. Also, your site’s also live and deactivating third party plugins in there might interrupt your site’s operations.

With that said, what I’d recommend is you test Pro first:

1. Without third party plugins and optimizations like caching and file minification
  2. A staging site in a different server environment, fresh WordPress install and no third party plugins and optimizations.
  3. I see you’re using Multisite. Create a new test site and test Pro without third party plugins and optimizations.
  4. If you can, try a single WordPress install in the same server environment still with no third party plugins and optimizations

The result of each test is important in discovering the root cause of the issue.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Thanks so much for your reply. It appears this problem is isolated to just one of my multisite installs. I think it may have to do with some Javascript I’ve got on the home page for the /find site. Unfotunately, I can’t remove it because the page builder won’t load on that page. Any recommendations on what I can do to get it out of there?

Thanks,
R

Hello Roman,

I checked the page and regeneratorRuntime() is causing a JS error. If you have already loaded this function in a javascript file, maybe you are just having a caching issue. Since you have installed a caching plugin W3 Total Cache, please clear your plugin cache before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately. Caching plugins are best to turn on only when you’ve finished building the site.

And also, please make sure that your JS and CSS files that were minified were cleared and regenerated before testing your site again.

Hope this helps.

Hi Rue,

I tried purging the cache and even disabling it but I still cannot remove the javascript that I inserted into the custom js place in the Pro builder because the whole builder freezes before I get a chance to delete it and save it. How do I manually remove this custom JS without using the Pro Builder?

Thanks
R

Hi Roman,

I was able to quickly save the Agent Match page before it freezes. See the zxczc content template, load that to a new page, the template does not include page JS and CSS so that should work just fine.

Add your customizations on Child Theme instead.
Customizations Best Practices
How To Setup Child Themes

Cheers!

Friech, thank you so much! Only problem is I need the CSS from that page :frowning:

I’m in a bit of bind aren’t I?

Hi,

I was able to get the css from the page source code.

.e368-4.x-image img{width:250px!important}.commitment{font-family:gotham-medium!important}span.e368-4.x-image img{max-width:200px}span.e370-3.x-image img{max-width:200px}.howitworks{display:block;margin:auto;text-align:center}li.x-li-icon.amselected{font-family:gotham-medium;color:#000;padding-top:10px}li.x-li-icon.amselected{font-size:15px}li.x-li-icon.amselectedm{font-family:gotham-medium;color:#000;padding-top:10px}li.x-li-icon.amselectedm{font-size:12px}li.x-li-icon.amselectedm{margin-left:2.5em;margin-right:1.5em}.sidebyside.x-section .x-container{display:flex;flex-flow:row nowrap}.highlight{background-image:linear-gradient(-100deg,rgba(255,255,255,0),#b2ffff 85%,rgba(255,255,255,0))}

You may add it again in your new page.
Just note that the image classes(.e368-4) may change.

I suggest you add unique class to your image elements and use that instead of the auto generated classes.

Thanks

You all are wonderful people! Thank you very much!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.