Pro 2.3.8 Bugs

Hey guys,

I think I have found two/three annoying bugs:

1. If you apply a preset you need to click anywhere and then the element again to edit this element.
  2. Sometimes you cant close the text editor. Then you have to reload pro. This happens quite often.
  3. In general it feels like pro is now a lot slower then the version before. If I click on the units there is a small delay, which was not here before.

Best

Hi @RSMG,

Thanks for writing in!
As we don’t have access to your website, so can’t confirm what exactly the cause of the issue.
I would like to give you a few suggestions to check if that helps!

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Thanks for your answer.
Did you saw the videos I shared with you? As you can see I have this bugs on several websites with different hosting services. Everything is up to date, no caching active, no CDNs, no plugins, etc.

I set up a total fresh and clean pro installation and have the same bugs which I captured on video.
Please see “Secure Note”.

Bug #1: Delay
Just click on any unit you see there is a delay. Pro was faster before 2.3.X!

Bug #2: Preset (See Video)

1. Place an element
  2. Configure
  3. Save as Preset
  4. Place a new element or duplicate
  5. Apply Preset
  6. You see that you now edit the first/original element! You have to click on the newly placed/duplicated element to edit this. And you scroll to bottom, why?

Bug #3: Texteditor (See Video)

1. Just see the video please, I dont know whats going on here

Bug #4: Plugin "Under Construction"

1. Set a password to bypass
  2. You dont see the login form
  3. You have to place this in Custom CSS to see login form:
    #tco-under-construction-bypass-form { display: block !important; }

Hello @RSMG,

Thanks for updating the thread and I am really sorry for the confusion here.

I downloaded the video zip file and then tried to replicate the issue you have reported. Here’s my input:

1. Preset: I can replicate the Preset issue on my local dev setup too. Looks like a bug and I am going to report this into our internaling bug tracker.
  2. Text editor: I logged into your server and over there I added text element. Text element is working fine. I am able to edit the content from preview window and also Edit Text option. As the element is working fine on my end of your server it’s a bit difficult for me to take a more closer look. Please see screencast. https://cloudup.com/ciW_7AZpDRN
  3. Under construction: We are aware of the issues in under construction plugin. Our developers are at work and we hope to release an update soon. However, at the moment I am not in a position to share an ETA.
  4. Delay: Please increase the PHP memory limit from 256mb to 512bm and PHP Maximum script execution time.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hello,

1. Thanks :slight_smile:

2. I found a way to reproduce this bug now:

1. Click on the text element with “lorem ipsum” at the bottom of the “test”-page
  2. Click on “Edit Text”
  3. Click on the T for Rich Text
  4. Make the editor fullscreen
  5. Make the editor small again
  6. Close the editor with X
  7. Click again on “Edit Text”
  8. Make the editor fullscreen
  9. Make the editor small again
  10. Try to click on one of these headlines above
  11. BOOM! Try to click anywhere…
    This is a nice find, isnt it?
    Call me Themeco QA.
  1. Okay.

2. I increased (512mb, 300s) both but still have a delay when trying to change the units.

Best,

Robert

Hi Robert,

1. Yes, I can confirm that on my installation as well. I’ll add it to our issue tracker along with video recording.

2. I just tried it and I don’t see any delay when I changed the units of your test page. Have you tried it on another device?

Thanks!

1. Super!

2. You are right, its a Safari (12.0.1) issue. Can you confirm?

Hi @RSMG,

Seems to be the same without issues with changing the units. May I know which other device and browser you’re testing it with? Maybe I can reproduce it there.

Thanks!

Hmm I work with a MacBook Pro (OS X 10.14.1) and have this delay in Safari (12.0.1) only. In Chrome (70.0.3538.7) and Firefox (63.0.1) works everything nice and smooth.

Hi @RSMG,

In that case, I’ll try finding other devices with the same version to see if I can reproduce this. And please provide a video recording so I could compare the time delay between my tests.

Thanks!

Hey @Rad,

here is my video, see “secure note”.

Best!

Hi @RSMG,

It looks device specific, there is something fast and some are almost the same as your video (but seems normal). The speed depends on the processing capability of the device especially javascript uses device’s CPU (as browser script execution).

Though, there is no workaround as it may be hardware related, but I’ll continue checking.

Thanks!

First thanks for your help but why is it only in Safari? So this is a Safari-JS-Problem?

Hello @RSMG,

This could be related to How Safari 12 is rendering the javascript.
We will be forwarding this to our developers so that they will be inform and will investigate further.

Thank you.

Okay, thank you guys for your support :slight_smile:

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.